Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Patapon 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 27, 2008

Patapon 2 is the sequel to the original critically acclaimed real-time musical/rhythm strategy game, Patapon.

When will the PS3 see some Patapon action?

Lucky_Sevans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Lucky_Sevans

Nearly a year and a half after the release of the PSP original and less than a month away from the release of the sequel, PS3 owners still wait to hear rumblings of any news that Patapon or its brethren will be makings its way to the console. While Sony has made no comment on the matter I have come across a couple of discussions within the online gaming communities. I have read postings of some saying that the game is not built for a console or sarcastic remarks of people implying that the PS3 owner would want the game, but only if it was done in 3d. I feel confident in the following when I say neither of those points are correct. Not all PS3 owners fall into the category of the single minded gamer who only cares about the graphics and look of the game. I think most people would be surprised to find that your typical PS3 owner is a diverse gamer who knows what really matters and that is gameplay and depth/replayability not if the game looks pretty. With that being said I feel that the Patapon series would be a perfect fit on the PSN. With a library consisting of such games as Loco Roco and the Pixel Junk Monster and Eden series it’s pretty clear that the Patapon series would be a perfect fit. I for one hope Sony will listen to the PS3 community and bring the series over while it is still going strong.    

Lucky_Sevans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lucky_Sevans

Nearly a year and a half after the release of the PSP original and less than a month away from the release of the sequel, PS3 owners still wait to hear rumblings of any news that Patapon or its brethren will be makings its way to the console. While Sony has made no comment on the matter I have come across a couple of discussions within the online gaming communities. I have read postings of some saying that the game is not built for a console or sarcastic remarks of people implying that the PS3 owner would want the game, but only if it was done in 3d. I feel confident in the following when I say neither of those points are correct. Not all PS3 owners fall into the category of the single minded gamer who only cares about the graphics and look of the game. I think most people would be surprised to find that your typical PS3 owner is a diverse gamer who knows what really matters and that is gameplay and depth/replayability not if the game looks pretty. With that being said I feel that the Patapon series would be a perfect fit on the PSN. With a library consisting of such games as Loco Roco and the Pixel Junk Monster and Eden series it’s pretty clear that the Patapon series would be a perfect fit. I for one hope Sony will listen to the PS3 community and bring the series over while it is still going strong.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.