Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pathologic 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 23, 2019

A complete reimagining of an indie cult classic genre-bending psychological horror survival adventure from 2005.

Will this be getting a quick look?

niko_of_death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By niko_of_death

Not sure if any of the current crew has even played the original, or if the game is on any of their radars, but it's definitely something that deserves a look IMO. Always wish Eastern European games got some more love here.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Man I have my fingers crossed that Vinny is lured in by the promise of a weird open(?) world and we see some of it, but I have my doubts. Now if Austin were still here, I don't even think this would be a question (and my fingers are crossed that we get some thoughts out of him over at Waypoint or The New (Again) Vice Gaming Dot Com), but as it is I just don't know. I've dumped around ten hours into it myself and have so many thoughts on this game, all of which I need to eventually write down somewhere, but I would love to see someone take a look at it.

I might actually kill to see Dan even attempt to approach the thing before throwing his hands up in disgust about two minutes in.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might actually kill to see Dan even attempt to approach the thing before throwing his hands up in disgust about two minutes in.

Oh god, this is the least Dan game ever made. He's all about action and fun and empowerment, Pathologic is all about sadness and failure and stress. It's almost designed to be the opposite of what he likes. It'd be like that one Metro quick look x1000.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know! It would be a wild fucking trainwreck.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i think they'll take a look at it but don't get further than woah this is a miserable weird thing huh?

Avatar image for sevenlightyears
    sevenlightyears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also love to see this

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Based on what I've seen, Pathologic very much seems like a Dave Snider/Austin Walker sort of game, which is a pity because neither of them work at the company anymore. Just nothing but extremely Russian sadness and gameplay that outright defies the player.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9 fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Austin Walker has talked about the original Pathologic on several occasions, so I hope it'll get some coverage on Vice Gamings New Podcast. Unless Austin is super enthusiastic about it and talk Vinny or Alex into trying it, it'll probably slip under the Giant Bomb radar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.