Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pathway

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 11, 2019

A tactical RPG set in a pulp 1930s setting.

Interest in Pathway

Onijai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey folks,

This has been on my radar for some time but I see barely any coverage for it. Looks to be a mashup of a run based game with some FTL style decisions/scenarios all in the stylings of Indiana Jones complete with blatant nazis. The combat looks like a tactics game so it's certainly an interesting mix of things. Been long enough from the FTL days that I may want some sort of similar game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/546430/Pathway/

Is this on any else's wishlist?

Hope the GB crew cover it! :)

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It has been on there, waiting, for a while now. I think a developer I follow tweeted about it which is how I heard about it but not much since then. I thought it might have had a bit more spoken about it, but not being covered isn't necessarily a bad thing. Its price is low enough that I think I might pick it up at the end of the month regardless to try it myself. I've been playing a bit of Xcom 2 and Into the Breach again recently and this looks like it might be an interesting turn-based thing to have a hands on with.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/quick-look-halfway/2970-13489

I've just realised it's by the team that did Halfway, which has a quick look. They seem quite similar - so if they don't cover this at least it shows what the earlier iteration is like. I really enjoyed Halfway, but didn't get too deep due to other distractions, so I'm looking forward to trying this even more now.

langdon_alger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Indiana Jones style tactics game. Looks like someone's been inside my head (again).

Onijai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/quick-look-halfway/2970-13489

I've just realised it's by the team that did Halfway, which has a quick look. They seem quite similar - so if they don't cover this at least it shows what the earlier iteration is like. I really enjoyed Halfway, but didn't get too deep due to other distractions, so I'm looking forward to trying this even more now.

Oh dang, I feel like I missed this. Hopefully this will swing me one way or the other on giving it a go.

All initial reactions seem okay and no red flags yet.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloaded this early this morning and will try it out after work. It seems to tick off every interest point and it looks like if you already own Halfway they give you a small discount coupon. At least that's what I got when I checked out. Really liked Halfway so at least I know the mechanics will be solid.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By soulcake

I played this yesterday really like it so far the combat isn't to punishing and the rogue elements are pretty "lite" / forgiving like there 1940's Marroco /Indiana jones theme so far. I had fun for the 2 hours i played i would definitely recommend it for the price point it's now (around 15 bucks).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.