Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Patrick Klepek

Person » credited in 3 games

Senior reporter at Waypoint, former senior reporter at Kotaku and former news editor at Giant Bomb. He began a career in gaming journalism at fourteen, and once served as a news editor for G4TV. He has been credited in the "special thanks" sections of Guitar Hero II and The Silver Lining.

Favorite Patrick content/moments?

• 128 results
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

This is an awesome thread.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Damn, I almost forgot about Bioforge. I might need to rewatch that.

MutenMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

It's a selfish one for me, but the Worth Playing he did featuring my silly Ninja game and my Ryan Davis tribute game for sure (thanks whoever linked it above already! :D). Seeing that up there on the front page, seeing everyone enjoy the game for what it was, and how it effected Patrick was a really moving moment for me and I was so glad to give a little something back to this site/community for being so awesome. Patrick helped me do to that and that means the world to me.

Oh and anything with him and Ryan - Jurassic Lark was fantastic. And as a duder with some anxiety issues, Spookin' was a great series for me to enjoy horror games at arms length!

DuncanKeller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutenmiller: That was a great tribute man, seeing Patrick play it really touched me.

Also, wow, this thread got big. Thanks to everybody who contributed, I've been having a blast going through the videos that were around before I joined the site that I somehow missed. Fortune Street in particular cracked me up. I'm sure he will pick up plenty of new fans at Pataku, but they'll never match this amount of PatLove(TM).

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever that horrible House of the Dead-like Kinect "horror" game he played was.

sciential

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By sciential

I thought Patrick did an amazing job in Spelunking with Scoops to both keep the commentary fun all by himself while playing the game very well.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Spelunkin' with Scoops had all the best ones. Spelunky in general, I loved seeing Patrick and Lang play it during the Extra Life stream last year. I don't think I saw it in here already, so here it is. RenegadeDoppelganger had the co-op session in his supercut.

Loading Video...

Thanks for the rest of the clips! There's some funny stuff I had missed, like the PEACE OUT stream.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hotdog Patrick in the lava was pretty special.

@duncankeller: their offical name should be changed to Pataku.

Dietz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the Faces of Death series of articles where Patrick interviewed the Telltale Walking Dead creators.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: that looks awesome! Have you got a link to the video it's from by any chance?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I like Patrick a bunch, followed him for years, but I cannot think of one moment that stands out for me. Only Bomber I can honestly say that about.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm rewatching Patrick playing through Dark Souls on YouTube. It's funny how he likes that game for the same reasons he doesn't like Dark Souls II. He beats bosses on first tries, he circle strafes around any enemy and boss and so on. Only for the first half of the game was he really challenged as he didn't completely understand the game yet. He understood Dark Souls II immediately upon playing because he had played a Souls game to completion before. Such a misconception that Dark Souls is an incredibly hard game to begin with. Not holding your hand is not the same as being punishingly hard.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#114  Edited By Svenzon

Spookin' with Scoops: Friday the 13th with Ryan sitting in. Seeing and hearing them trying to work out what makes that godawful, but weirdly interesting, game tick is just hilarious. The ending is such a downer, but a really funny downer. Rewatched it the other day and actually got a bit emotional.

The whole Chrono Trigger Endurance Run is great, but I have to say that my favorite moment is hearing Patrick's reaction when Ryan names the time machine.

I also love the Beyond: Two Souls spoilercast Patrick recorded with Alex, Kirk Hamilton and Justin McElroy. Even though I've barely played that game, I love listening to them tearing it apart.

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liked the call he made to Alexis to wrap up Extra Life this year.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Patrick made Giant Bomb such a fun place every October. I'll miss Shocktober the most.

Also, when I got my writing job with the new EGM and I shot him a message to try and get some insight and he warned me of a few things that came to be very useful during my brief stint working there.

Thanks for everything Patrick, you'll be missed, dude.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really liked spookin with scoops, chrono trigger and the stuff with Alex in the morning more than I think I liked him on the bombcast.

I really think that he shined with the one-on-one interactions rather than a huge group.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

My favorite Patrick moment was the ubiquitous flaming hot dog. But I knew I was cool with him when he started telling his College "X" story. Though overall, I mostly remember the constant indie and horror content that no one else on the site did. Reminded me of sifting through RPS at times.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am at nearly 900 hours with Spelunky. I only played that game cause of Patrick.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only four words: GIVE. ME. MY. MUSIC!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By cooljammer00

As a big G4TV.com guy (and NOT a G4 guy. Yes, there was a difference. One got you lots of COPS reruns, the other got you Adam Sessler/Morgan Webb/Andrew Pfister/Abbie Heppe/Sterling McGarvey/Patrick Klepek/etc.) my favorite @patrickklepek moment was when he joined Giant Bomb. My least favorite was when he left.

Also my other least favorite was when he sided with Skyrim over Saints Row the Third. Wrong side of history.

BradSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm a fairly new member, I will always enjoy that P.T. Quick Look. Very cool to see everyone else's favorite moments and I'm looking forward to going through the archives to catch up on some of the one's I missed out on. Best of luck with the new adventure and Go Bears!

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#126  Edited By PimblyCharles

The Nolan North interview and dancing hotdog will likely always be my favorite content from Patrick, but this was pretty great too:

Loading Video...

Also, the podcast he did where he talks about the NOPAT Chrome extension was hilarious. He handled it like a pro.

I wish him the best at Kotaku, and look forward to seeing him again with the GB crew in the near future.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

"Is there a Sean Connery tickbox?" ~ Guest Show Bombcast before he was hired. I think SpeedDragon is what got him the job. :D

ccso151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@milkman: what is that first game he is playing with the camera? Looks creepy.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Very short answer: Everything Spelunky.

By the way: Patrick already put up a new Spookin' with Scoops episode on his Youtube channel.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Spelunkin' with Scoops with a bullet! Though, I'm sure there're little jewels of interviews and moments with the crew I enjoyed more, but Spelunkin' is an icon.

Miss you, Patrick.

FCDRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't find the 1up show where Patrick played Wolf Quest and it's eating me up inside.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say I don't think Patrick will get as much love over there as he did over here.

Seinenfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamefreak9: He probably won't get as much hate either.

As for my favourite Patrick moments, him getting lucky on Bed of Chaos personally resonates with me as I had the exact same thing happen and was laughing away because fuck that dumb boss. His loyalty to District A also sticks with me, as well as all the Spelunky and general playing of everything which you don't get with most of the other guys. After Ryan passed the site felt lifeless and everything felt like it was grinding to a halt and Patrick really stepped his shit up and became a content-production powerhouse. There were times where it felt to me like he was carrying the site and I'll always appreciate him for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.