Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

FBI guy from Murdered: Soul Suspect panel at PAX East

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By beepmachine

After catching this yesterday I had to track it down and make sure it was here for posterity.

For those who didn't see it live, the panel was a presentation on Square's upcoming game, Murdered: Soul Suspect. The presentation from the devs was nothing special, mostly concept art and lots of talk about the "ghost world" and their philosophy behind the game. If anything it was a bit boring.

That all changed at the 39:00 minute mark. Someone had the wonderful idea of getting a retied FBI agent to be part of the panel and talk about his twenty odd years experience as an FBI profiler. Sure it might be related to the game somewhat, but things get pretty weird pretty quickly. Pretty soon he's making people count letters, talking about "sexual rapists," and explicating that a girl in Florida was not killed by a life-form from mars. Oh, and he's also on a TV show called "Killer Instinct."

The Q&A is also worth sticking around for. All in all, a truly bizarre viewing experience.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really don't think it was that bad. Then again, I am into watching crime shows like FBI Files and like reading about criminology, so I'm probably biased. I think that the larger issue was that the host (Greg Miller?) seemed like he was a little too energetic and trying to force jokes that weren't there.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I read this thread as "FBI guy murdered at PAX".

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By AssInAss

Probably the most memorable of PAX talks this year, I tuned in and was so confused as to what was happening, and I had played the game. People must have tuned around the time he was presenting because everyone was asking how this was related to the game. It was amazing.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@benspyda said:

I read this thread as "FBI guy murdered at PAX".

Me too.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cbk486: Yeah he wasn't going nuts or anything, but at the time this was so bizarre out seemed out of context given his audience. Watching it on the stream, chat was having a pretty good laugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.