Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

PAX Night Life

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Does anyone have any cool plans for hanging out after PAX/ know any cool bars? I bought a ticket for this Dirty Donkey Kong thing

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woops got a little overzealous with my clicking. Anyway I am doing this Dirty Donkey Kong thing on Friday I think, But I wanted to know what everyone else's plans are and if anyone wanted to meet up at a bar?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Dalai

As of right now, I have nothing planned, but I'd like to gather a sizable group of duders for either Thursday night before PAX begins or Friday night, preferably after the Cards Against Humanity panel. Whether it's a single bar takeover or a bar crawl is up for debate. Since there's no Rock Band Night and no official Giant Bomb party, it would be great just to create our own little thing.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I'll be at the Haramonix party on Friday right before the CAH panel though I think it's sold out now.

I'm down for a meetup on Thursday night though, I'm staying near downtown and get in early evening so I should be free.

I assume Saturday there will be some sort of after panel thing to do? What usually happens after the GB panel?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Last year after the panel, it essentially turned into a meet and greet with fans. Those who want to talk to the staff individually or get a picture with them should hang around after the panel, if that's what they're planning this time. Obviously I have no inside knowledge and am basing this off last year's post-panel activities. I've only been to one of these things, but since the panel is going to run late like last time I assume it will be similar. After that, it's probably best to find a bar and chill.

As for Thursday night, downtown is probably the best place to go, but since the T is running later at night this year anywhere within reason would be fine for me. And if anybody can recommend any good bars, that would be appreciated. Boston natives and PAX veterans would know the hotspots better than me.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator
    Lolzhacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would love to hang out with some duders on Thursday evening. I am a local so I am sure I could help pick out a few good places. =D

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@lolzhacked: What do you suggest? I'm not sure where everyone is staying but I assume downtown is the best spot since it's pretty close to most of the PAX hotels and close to the convention center.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

I'll be rolling with a lot of Giant Bomb duders the whole time. We'll be at some panels, parties, and probably take over a bar at some point. Not that I'm the supreme lord of Twitter, but I'll be trying my best to tweet out what everyone's up to. Last year us and the staff too over some restaurant and I got really drunk at an open bar and then Vinny and I went into a photobooth.

@stevenbeynon

Lolzhacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@finaldasa: Well I work in the seaport district area, and I know there are at least half a dozen decent bars in that area. It is really just a matter of what people are looking to drink/eat.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I spoke too soon about GB not holding some kind of PAX drinkfest, but that meetup clashes with the Cards Against Humanity panel so I'm conflicted. Really don't wanna miss the CAH panel, but I don't wanna miss watching O'Dwyer go full-blown Irish.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FinalDasa  Moderator

@lolzhacked: True, I'm not sure about anyone else but I imagine clubs aren't a great choice for a meet up. Maybe some people would enjoy going to one but for meeting strangers on the internet I need a good, cheap drink.

I personally prefer bars just above hole in the wall status. The GB/Gamespot meet up is in the seaport district. I was surprised to see bars down that way. On Google maps it really just looks like the convention center and not much else.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll be at that meet up for sure, as for Saturday night i think ill be spent by the time the GB Panel lets out.

For some reason I have this weird feeling like Im gonna get hit in the head with a Skylanders Playset....

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By jamin

Have that announced where the GB event is being held?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum: feel like an idiot though atvwork and just skimmed do we just show up? I love to hang out with fellow duders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamin724 said:

@billymagnum: feel like an idiot though atvwork and just skimmed do we just show up? I love to hang out with fellow duders

no, you have to know the handshake. you do know the handshake....don't you?

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum: that could be read wrong meant it is a sarcastic tone

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I do believe that some of us will be at the Friday Night thing that GameSpot's setting up. So if you want to come punch me in the gut, feel free to give me your best shot, be be warned that I have extensive training in Gunkata.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamin724: lol me too

@rorie: any other planned activities or is it just a punching booth with you and a kissing booth with danny?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamin724: lol me too

@rorie: any other planned activities or is it just a punching booth with you and a kissing booth with danny?

I don't really know as the GS team are mostly the ones putting it together. I'll bring some giveaways and maybe we'll do something stupid.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Do you really going to end at 10 I only ask cause my gf lives outside of Boston and I would need her to pick me up from the T, but she has work the next day so...... I really do not want to do the walk of shame in the slums of Boston area at 1am lol.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamin724: I don't know much about the timeframe! I may need to get back to the hotel to get my support email answering on, but it's hard to say what the night will bring until it arrives.

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a bar called JM Curley's that is suppose to be pretty cool. I think I am going to check it out on Thursday Night.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.