Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Really dumb question for first time PAX duder.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jamin

So this is my first pax east and I get the feeling I should bring a backpack my only concern is I have not had a backpack since school. I was looking at this, but do not know if it is to big. Any input?

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By endoworks

That looks perfect! Backpack is a must and they do have a coat check that you can leave your bag at all day and just go to drop things off if you like for around $5 a bag I believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

my advice is go to a tj maxx or marshalls store if they are even remotely close to you. they always have sick backpacks and messenger bags for really cheap. thinking of possibly bringing my mirrors edge bag, we'll see

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By YI_Orange

Honestly, if you're carrying around so much stuff that you can't fit it in the swag bag, you probably goofed. Though, I guess if you're planning on buying some tabletop games or other bulky things it wouldn't be a bad idea. And since it's your first PAX, check out Marino's PAX guide if you haven't already.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That one looks fine. Here, take a look at the backpack I'm bringing. It is on the smaller side (so less room for free stuff or whatever) but it is designed to keep all the stuff from collecting at the bottom of the backpack, and it's really great for keeping stuff organized.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

Those SwissGear backpacks are great, so that should be a fine option. I'll probably be using mine, but I actually have a slightly smaller backpack that I might opt for instead since I'll probably be carrying it around so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Backpack is essential for PAX.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Apparently the BCEC has since implemented a backpack security check at the entrance of the convention center. To remind everyone, the Boston marathon bomb attack was a random backpack left unattended which is why they're targeting backpacks specifically. As with any cases like this, there are good arguments on both sides but personally wouldn't worry about it. Do the token search (assuming it's not completely BS at which point the organizers will do something about that), and enjoy the show.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@bacongames: Okay, glad to know it's just doing bag-searches. I was getting a bit worried that they'd be outright banned from the premises.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By jamin

So this is what my schedule looks like calender

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.