Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Went to PAX for the first time and took some videos

Avatar image for photovideosamplesetc
    PhotoVideoSamplesEtc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This year I decided to go to Las Vegas to attend NAB and then on the same day that I returned, I attended PAX East. Both events for the very first time. I decided to go almost at the last minute. Always wanted to go to them and I told myself this has to be the year I do it. We'll see what happens next year.

So anyway, I took a lot of videos around the expo that includes cosplay as well as the events and activities that were going on.

This first video has the Cosplay. I basically had people do a pose for me. I was a bit tired since I recently got off the flight and I sort of guessed that since it was a camcorder that was in my hand, I really don't need to tell everyone that it was a video I was taking. I was assuming most people would know. We'll since I was getting them to pose, I do see why some people especially in the comments thought I was taking pictures. Next time I do this, I'll have to be more clear like I should have been. I should be more awake by that time as well.

Here are photo captures of each of the clips from the Cosplay video. https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauloteixeira/sets/72157644139394015

The next video includes a lot of the events and activities that were happening around the expo. I sort of decided to just edit them all together. It's also a bit long like the first video but at least it's a way people can see how it really was if they never been their. It also includes some cosplay poses that didn't make it into the first video.

Oh, I'll also mention that I entered the NVidia contest that they were having and I was one of the many winners. I won a gaming mouse and mouse pad valued at around $100 total. In the video at around the 18:16 mark, you'll see the random videos I took while I wait and see if my name ever gets mentioned which it did surprisingly. Rather then get away from that crowd once I won something, I decided to just shoot a little bit more their.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.