Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2016

Concept »

The seventh annual PAX East took place April 22-24, 2016 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Are there lines for entry to PAX East on Sunday?

Shwingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shwingg

First time going to Pax East. I live just outside of Boston so travel is not problem. My question is: I have a pass to go on Sunday. The show floor opens at 10am, how long are the lines usually on Sunday to get in? I will be taking the T into Boston but I want an idea of how early to show up for entry. Maybe this is not a problem. Any help is appreciated duders.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2 BisonHero  Online

Pretty sure I've never seen the line into the convention center be much more than about 10-20 minutes. It's bottlenecked only because security is asking everybody to open their bags to prove they don't have problem items, but they have quite a few security people in parallel checking all that.

The lines are usually much longer within the convention center itself. I'm unclear on whether you've somehow been to other PAXs than the East variety, or you mean you've never been to any PAX before. If there's a panel you want to go to that seems at all popular, maybe get to it 30-60 minutes before the start time to get in the line so you can sit somewhere vaguely in the front. On the show floor, lines for certain demos can end up being like 3 hours if they don't have many demo stations and it's a popular game. There's a "beginner's guide to PAX" by I think Marino, somewhere on the forums. It could probably give you more thorough advice than I.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.