Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2016

Concept »

The seventh annual PAX East took place April 22-24, 2016 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Student-made games at PAX

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dobedobedo

This year was the first time I went to PAX East and I noticed that near the back there were several games set up that nobody was really playing. When I approached the tables, the people all stated that the games were made by students of whatever school was on their sign. There were some pretty cool games that I played, especially one that looked a lot like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Eventually other people engaged them in conversation and I didn't really get a chance to ask them about the games.

Did any of you guys get to try these games out? Also, those of you that have played games like these in the past, do these ever come out? or are they just tech demos that these students create for class that never actually become a full game?

I'm curious because I went around to all these games that nobody was really playing and a lot of them gave out cards with information like Kickstarter URLs but these student-made game booths really had no information other than sheets of paper with the controls for the game and pins with the school logos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.