Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) took place at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington from September 3-5.

PAX Prime 2010: Who's Going?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

So, my badge just came in the mail today and it hit me that PAX 2010 is only two weeks away.  I ran into a few Giant Bomb users at PAX East, but I'm curious to see who's headed to Seattle this year.  What panels are you planning on going to (other than Giant Bomb's)?  What booth at the expo hall are you running for first? 

Here's the panel schedule...  http://www.paxsite.com/paxprime/schedule.php 

And here's the Expo Hall map.  It's massive this year...  http://www.paxsite.com/paxprime/expohallmap.pdf  

For me, I'm probably running to either Rock Band 3 or Mortal Kombat first.  Both are pretty close to where the queue room feeds into the expo hall.  And for panels, I'm currently looking at Mega64, Weekend Confirmed, and Feedback Live.  I gotta find some weird ones to go to.  Seems like an overabundance of community manager and journalism panels this year. 

Shit just got real, son!
     Shit just got real, son!
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

I totally have a ticket.  But Its looking like I might be away from work that weekend.  I'm contemplating quiting my job.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

I wish I was in California so I could do cool stuff like this.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Castro

I live about a five minute walk from the convention center so I'll totally be there. I plan on going to the Weekend Confirmed and Totally Rad Show panels (back to back in the same room is going to be convenient) as well as the Giant Bomb and Brodeo reunion ones. Feedback would be great to go to and I'd kinda like to go to Michael Pachter's panel as well. I usually spend most of my PAX time at panels. The games that I'm really excited to play usually have the longest lines and I can't really justify wasting a bunch of time to stand in line for a game that's going to be out in a few months anyway.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

Ah! I should be getting my badge pretty soon! So excited!

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TurboMan said:
    " I wish I was in California so I could do cool stuff like this. "
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

I've got my three-day pass and I'm all set to go.  Just a quick hop on the 355 and I'm there.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I live in Vermont so PAX Prime is out of the question. I will be going to PAX East next year though.

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By teeknuts

Super-excited for this year after going for the first time last year.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By kraznor
    @TurboMan said:
    "I wish I was in California so I could do cool stuff like this. "

Uhh, its at least a ten hour roadtrip from some of the most Northerly regions of CA to Seattle. Just saying. 

Anyway, yes, I shall be attending (15 hour road trip for me) and I hope to check out the Destructoid Panel, maybe the Mega64 panel, Wil Wheaton (if I can get in, last year filled up mad fast) and whatever others strike my fancy and fit into my schedule.  

As for the show floor, want to see the 3DS and Kincect ( and Move...I guess) firsthand. Not sure what else, but those I absolutely must experience. Also, noticed Activision once again refused to appear at PAX this year. They were there in 2008, what happened since?
    jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jelekeloy

Wow, I didn't realize it was only about $60.  I'll have to go to PAX East next time that comes around since I'm only about 40 minutes from Boston.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By monetarydread

I wish I could come to PAX this year. I need a passport to cross the border and I didn't buy one earlier enough. Apparently it takes 90 days for everything to go through. Damn Yankees and their fear of terrorism.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @wasteguru said:
    " I live in Vermont so PAX Prime is out of the question. I will be going to PAX East next year though. "
    I live in Georgia and have been going to stuff like this (E3 then PAX) since I was 16.  You just gotta save up the money if you really want to go.  But you're right, PAX East is a must-go for you next March.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Marino said:
    " @wasteguru said:
    " I live in Vermont so PAX Prime is out of the question. I will be going to PAX East next year though. "
    I live in Georgia and have been going to stuff like this (E3 then PAX) since I was 16.  You just gotta save up the money if you really want to go.  But you're right, PAX East is a must-go for you next March. "
    Right now money's been going to college so I'm lucky that I can even go to PAX East. But you are right, I would love to go to PAX Prime sometime in the future.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By maxszy

I'll be there! Can't wait! Great to have Seattle as my hometown :-P. Sadly, only able to go on Friday, but... that means I get to go to Giantbomb's panel! Y ES!

That being said, running straight to the BioWare booth. HAVE to see The Old Republic and any Dragon Age 2 they may be showing.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marino  Staff

Anyone have any thoughts on the main theater being 4 blocks down the street.  That's gonna be pretty weird I think.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'll be there. Just looking forward the excitement and hanging out with like-minded folks. And some Super Street Fighter 4 action.  

I'm mostly looking forward to the Tester vs. The Game panel, Greg Kasavin's panel, How NOT to get a job in the industry and of course, The Giant Bombcast LIVE!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @fwylo said:
    " I totally have a ticket.  But Its looking like I might be away from work that weekend.  I'm contemplating quiting my job. "
    I support you. Do it. But only temporarily.
    MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By MisterMouse

I would love to but unfortunately I wont be in Seattle yet, I will get there two weeks later so wont be able to attend. Hopefully one year I will be able to go 

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Driadon

I'll be there, I already have some plans to meet up with  KnifeySpoony. I'm hoping to see some more of you guys there. I wish I could legally drink down there, so many meetups I've seen involve bars that I can't get in at the age of 20 :(
    As for panels, I'm pumped for some pods being cast to my face with GiantBomb and Idle Thumbs, plus the How to Get an Internship and How NOT to Get Into the Industry.7 

EDIT: THERE THERE THERE THERE!   
    ...and thus ends my realization that my run-on sentences suck. 

Edit 2:Okay...this is too awesome. They are having a full Steel Battalion campaign! That is going to suck me in big time

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By myke_tuna

I'm going to PAX Prime 2011 since I'm moving to Tacoma earlier that year. At least, I hope so. The military is sometimes a bitch about dates. If not 2011, definitely 2012. By 2012, I will be 21 so that might work out. You know, so I can get into those bars where I'll do zero drinking.

alexfase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By alexfase

I'll be there for PAX 2010. Flying in from California and hoping i get my hands on tons of games. Definitely will be at the Bombcast.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By matt

I'll be there and I can't wait! First time in America too so that will be fun.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By s7evn

I would love to, but alas I cannot. 

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Is there any way we can just sticky one single thread, this is the fourth PAX who is going blog post/thread I've seen now.

If you are attending PAX and would like to meet up with some giant bomb folks, I suggest looking at this thread.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @KnifeySpoony: Well, that thread (although I'd never seen it before now) is specifically about organizing a meet up.  I was just interested in who all's going.
    KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KnifeySpoony
    @Marino:  I know, but in each of the threads there have been people interested in doing a meet up. It would be nice to have a main collective thread where we have a list of users going and info on the meet up for those who are interested.
    toadstule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By toadstule

Besides for the Giantbomb panel, I'll probably be going to the keynote, and checking out the Insomniac games panel. Gotta start planning other stuff to go to though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#30  Edited By Hailinel
    @Marino said:
    " Anyone have any thoughts on the main theater being 4 blocks down the street.  That's gonna be pretty weird I think. "
    It's not that far.  I work in downtown Seattle.  The distance between the convention center and Benaroya Hall is pretty short, and if you don't feel like walking, the downtown bus tunnel has stops that are near both locations.
    nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By nywt

I'm going. All I have planned so far is to go to the Bombcast, Weekend Confirmed, and Totally Rad Show panels. Other then that I'll just wander around the show floor and see what's up/

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @Hailinel: Yeah, the distance isn't really an issue.  It'll just be different not having everything under one roof.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dark_Jon

Man, the Live Bombcast is gonna be awesome!

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By YoungFrey

I'm going, eventually I'll have to give in and figure out the stuff I want to see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.