Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2012

Concept »

The ninth annual PAX Prime took place between August 31-September 2, 2012 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

Hotel room available at PAX?

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By ReyGitano

Hey Duders. This is going to be my first time attending PAX... actually, it'll be my first time attending any convention, or even leaving the state of California. Right now I'm planning on attending PAX alone, but I need a place to stay. I know that there's an official room share thread on the Penny Arcade forums, but the internet as a whole is a big place and I'd feel better staying with people from within the community I associate with.

I have a 3-day pass so I'm planning on getting there Thursday 8/30 and leaving on Monday 9/3. Really, I plan on being gone most of the time (Either in the convention center or at bars for meet-ups) so I'm just looking for a place to shower, sleep, and charge electronics, and I have no problem sleeping on the floor.

I'm 22, male, and a student at UC Berkeley. I like to think I'm a responsible and kind person so I shouldn't be a bother. I want to find a place near the convention center so that I can walk to and from the Hotel. Also I'm hoping for a price range around 100-250 for my entire stay there, though I might be willing to go higher.

Thanks in advance; I hope everyone has a great time at PAX this year! <>

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#2  Edited By Marino  Staff

@ReyGitano: Being within walking distance is going to cost at least $150 a night. So, four nights is at least $600, and that's before the hotel throws in all the taxes and fees that aren't included on the listed room price. So, you're going to need at least three people if you want to fit your budget.

Also, you should probably check out my guide. I haven't revised it for Seattle yet, but it's still full of valuable information especially for someone's first PAX.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/marino/marinos-pax-guide-v20/30-91428/

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

@Marino: Yeah, I was hoping to split a room with a group of people to meet those costs since I just plan to go there to sleep anyways.

Also great guide. I feel like I have no idea what I've gotten myself into and taking a backpack would have completely slipped my mind.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By drGiggless

sleep in a cardboard box. much cheaper.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

@drGiggless said:

If I could manage to stay awake for the entirety of PAX by staying in a Bar during the night... I would honestly consider that. Well, there would still be the issue of charging my phone and taking a shower.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zajtalan

dont be lazy. walk a bit more

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drGiggless

phones and showers are overrated, especially when you combine them.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

@ReyGitano said:

@drGiggless said:

If I could manage to stay awake for the entirety of PAX by staying in a Bar during the night... I would honestly consider that. Well, there would still be the issue of charging my phone and taking a shower.

Please take showers. Too many people did not when I went in 2010.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By drGiggless

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@ReyGitano said:

@drGiggless said:

but it's E3 tradition! no one likes a party pooper.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Brendan

@drGiggless said:

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@ReyGitano said:

@drGiggless said:

but it's E3 tradition! no one likes a party pooper.

Ewww that comment was unintentionally too close to the truth.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReyGitano

@Zajtalan said:

dont be lazy. walk a bit more

Well, I don't mind walking. I just don't want to have to take a Taxi or something.

@SpikeSpiegel said:

I can tell by what people have posted on the Penny-Arcade forums that showering is very important, so no problems there. Though now I am frightened about how bad it might be if people feel the need to actually spell it out.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By drGiggless

well it is a huge video game convention. personal hygiene will be sketchy at best.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReyGitano

Update: Should I be worried about not finding a Hotel room to share with people soon or will more people be looking to share space as PAX gets closer? Again, first PAX, so I have no idea how this has worked for people in the past.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@ReyGitano said:

Update: Should I be worried about not finding a Hotel room to share with people soon or will more people be looking to share space as PAX gets closer? Again, first PAX, so I have no idea how this has worked for people in the past.

Not sure about sharing, but hotel rooms in general will become completely booked at some point. I had to stay with a friend an hour away from Seattle last year because I waited too long. Still not sure if I'm going myself, but I reserved a room downtown that I may cancel at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.