Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2013

Concept »

The tenth annual PAX Prime took place August 30-September 2, 2013 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. It was the first 4-day PAX.

Duder at PAX Prime 2013

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By fobwashed

Made it out to PAX for the very first time and holy smokes it was incredible!

There's some pretty cool games, but I'd have to say some of the best stuff I saw was smaller things like this.

No Caption Provided

Also, out of all the games I messed around with there, I actually had the most fun playing some classic Smash Brothers with random gamers on the N64

No Caption Provided

And playing some goddamn Street Fighter II Championship Edition on an honest to goodness real arcade cabinet. I put up a quarter to indicate I was next and got a few knowing chuckles only to see my quarter disappear into the cabinet between the glass pane and the control panel... Rookie mistake -_-;;

No Caption Provided

Though far beyond anything else, was meeting up with a bunch of people like myself and seeing that they're all really a cool and awesome bunch. Starting off with the amazing John Drake who just KILLED this selfie. He also gave me a fancy Fantasia hat and some straight up MS money...

No Caption Provided

Also ran into Greg Kasavin at the Transistor booth and he also was pretty super friendly.

No Caption Provided

From there I ran into and played a pretty cool card game called Resistance with @rolyatkcinmai@ltsquigs@drewbert@wafflestomp@matt@willsmith and his wife Gina. The baby was less a player and more an accessory that aided Gina in looking innocent....

https://t.co/woxNLLcg5Qhttps://t.co/H3qOniVFRW

Vines provided by rolyatkcinmai (Which spelled backwards is!?)

Following the games, we also encountered @pseg, @heavyduty32 and the infamous @marino. And did what needed to be done....

Left to Right. Myself, WaffleStomp, Marino, Rolyatkcinmai, Heavyduty32, PsEG, LtSquigs
    Left to Right. Myself, WaffleStomp, Marino, Rolyatkcinmai, Heavyduty32, PsEG, LtSquigs

Effin tourists =P

And finally also ran into @rorie who joined us for a drink at dinner. He's as amazing in person as he is on camera. Here's a Nick Vine of him explaining what he knows about vines.

https://t.co/vigXQHhKzP

and ignore my red face =)

No Caption Provided

All I can say is PAX was amazing. Thanks to all the cool people I got to meet face to face!

So yea? Anyone have any cool stories, pictures or anything to share?

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Popogeejo

Look who's hanging with the big boys now.

I'd love to go to a PAX with the GB crew there. Stupid being in the UK...

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@fobwashed: I've played Resistance a few times at my local comic shop during their game night. I start off every match saying I'm a spy, sometimes it works wonderfully.
    Sometimes.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By squiDc00kiE

The only passes I could get was Monday's because everything sold out in 3 hours. Too bad most of the gb crew will have left at that point but its still gonna be great. 1st prime, 4th pax.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's pretty neat, duder.

I really want one of those 'Papers Please' passports. Preferably with DENIED stamped 10 times on it.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FAKE you didn't go at all i can tell from the bottom picture that is not a real background, you just pretending.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@popogeejo: That sucks but I get it, I only went to this one because I live right next door =\

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's still more days of PAX to go! :)

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fobwashed

Sorry bout the out of order replies, clicking reply on the phone sets the reply to the top of post instead of adding it where my cursor was on the chat entry "deck"? @ltsquigs

@markjw: @nekroskop: @squidc00kie: @ownlyuzinwonhan: That sound like a reasonable tactic but it would prolly result in me not getting picked for any missions at all from the start =P I mean, it would make zero sense to ever send the guy claiming to be a spy which hurts me if I AM a spu while at the same time excluding me from missions where me being a non-spy would help my team. Oh, and Drew was the spy... Which makes perfect sense since he's stone fucking cold.

Pretty sure you'll still have a blast. Most booths with merch type stuff seemed to be spreading out their wares so that they could sell everyday rather than run out and not have anything on future days =]

As far as I could tell, they weren't for people to take.... Maybe they were though =\ I didn't ask...

Yes, but unfortunately I only had the Fri available =\ also, I'm going on a shopping trip to Portland on Sunday morning so those two days woulda been out if reach anyway. Still, it was fun as hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.