Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2014

Concept »

The eleventh PAX Prime took place August 29-September 1, 2014 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

"Barkerville" Cover I videoed at PAX Prime

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By NathHaw

I'm almost finished with my 38-ish minute PAX video. That will be uploaded tomorrow, I hope. I will have to let it upload to Youtube tonight and blog it on the Giant Bomb forums Thursday.

I wanted to post this short video here as well, because I couldn't find a good way to incorporate it into the main video; however, fans of this site and the Simon's Quest videos might want to see what this duo called Super Soul Bros. can do. They played most of the show, and they knew how to get the crowd going.

I have left the video unedited mostly due to my wanting to show how some of the video recording process happens before bringing it into Adobe Premiere. The sound quality is not good, but it's just for fun anyway.

I feel like a paparazzo sometimes, rushing to get the shot, and you can see some of that at the beginning. I heard the song in the distance, and stopped whatever I was doing. I knew I needed to capture it for Giant Bomb. Plus, about the editing, I didn't want to cut away from the playing. They are quite good.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow these guys are pretty good. I just wish they had the totally canon lyrics.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's terrific!

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NathHaw

@roars5000: I have started following these guys on twitter and want to try to get to see them live sometime. They also tour with other groups and do jazzy concerts. Sounds like a fun thing to see. I have recorded concert events before and wouldn't mind doing it again, but the audio work is so difficult to turn out OK in those settings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.