Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2014

Concept »

The eleventh PAX Prime took place August 29-September 1, 2014 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

PAX hates GB users? GB and Acquisitions Inc. Same Time Slot!

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jArmAhead

I'm gearing up for PAX Prime '14 and I'm absolutely gutted about (I feel like for the umpteenth time but maybe that's the distress talking) Giant Bomb and Acquisitions Inc. being at the same damn time. Especially because they are talking up Acquisitions Inc to be a very special one, and being at Ben. Hall sounds pretty amazing, and GB is a bit gimped without Vinny and I feel like the GB panels have been coming closer and closer to the wire every year (not in terms of quality, to be clear. Last year was stellar).

I doubt I could be torn away from GB, but man it sucks so hard that I can't go to both.

Snarky, self centered thread titles aside, are there any panels that are the same for you this year? How do you plan to cope with the devastation and anxiety of trying to make that decision?

PsychoPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both will be videotaped so yeah, you'll miss the fun of being in the crowd but at least you get to go to one of them ;_;

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Eh, not really. Everything that's a must do on my list doesn't really clash with anything else.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love Vinny as much as the next guy, but he's never a big part of these panels. It's like 80% Jeff :)

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks but I'm going to assume you've made the right choice by going to the GB panel. I've never been in a position where I've been able to go to either but from the videos it seems like GB has more audience interaction, they've tossed shit into the crowed, they have the audience asking questions sometimes etc.
    Whereas as cool as Acquisitions Inc. is the most I've seen out of one of those is "Green Flame!"

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So who will be at the PAX panel? Everyone minus Vinny?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

What is Acquisitions Inc, and why is it acquiring Vinny from us?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@csl316: I don't think Vinny is going to PAX. Not sure what Acquisitions is.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Acquistions Inc. is a panel run by the Penny Arcade guys every year in which they play a D&D session live before the audience.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Is Vinny really not going or are you assuming he won't be there because he moved? Alex was on the Pax Prime panel last year. They have the ability to travel.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By nophilip

@sethphotopoulos: I think the assumption about Vinny not going is based on his family expecting another child very, very soon, rather than the fact that he moved.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip said:

@sethphotopoulos: I think the assumption about Vinny not going is based on his family expecting another child very, very soon, rather than the fact that he moved.

I heard that they were expecting but I didn't think they were nearly that close. I thought they just found out or something.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#13  Edited By nophilip

@sethphotopoulos: Oh I didn't watch the stream but I thought I saw on the forums that it was in a couple of weeks. That and him going on vacation soon (according to Alex on the morning show). Could be wrong.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip said:

I heard that they were expecting but I didn't think they were nearly that close. I thought they just found out or something.

From my understanding, the baby is due this week.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Whoa!

@nophilip said:

@sethphotopoulos: Oh I didn't watch the stream but I thought I saw on the forums that it was in a couple of weeks. That and him going on vacation soon (according to Alex on the morning show). Could be wrong.

I didn't watch the stream either and I only saw one comment on it so I didn't know.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both will be videotaped so yeah, you'll miss the fun of being in the crowd but at least you get to go to one of them ;_;

True! Hard to be upset when it means spending several days at PAX!

@zolroyce said:

That sucks but I'm going to assume you've made the right choice by going to the GB panel. I've never been in a position where I've been able to go to either but from the videos it seems like GB has more audience interaction, they've tossed shit into the crowed, they have the audience asking questions sometimes etc.

Whereas as cool as Acquisitions Inc. is the most I've seen out of one of those is "Green Flame!"

I dunno, I've had a TON of fun going to Acquisitions in person. It really is different. There's a lot of energy and there's a decent amount of interaction. Plus it's always in the main theatre which means you get to hang out in a cool piece of Seattle while watching awesome shit happen. Both are awesome to be at in person.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

@hailinel said:

@csl316 said:

Acquistions Inc. is a panel run by the Penny Arcade guys every year in which they play a D&D session live before the audience.

..I fail to see why this would tempt people away from seeing the motherfucking Giant Bomb panel.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@hailinel said:

@csl316 said:

..I fail to see why this would tempt people away from seeing the motherfucking Giant Bomb panel.

Because it's outstanding

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm actually interested in both. Going to the GB panel but part of me also wants to see that DnD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.