Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Payday 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 13, 2013

Team up with three other masked heisters and take on a new epic crime spree in the sequel to Overkill's original crime-themed first-person shooter.

Giancarlo Esposito has a new job as a dentist (In Payday 2)

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well this is kinda interesting. I got this game during the last Steam holiday sale but haven't touched it yet and i was wondering how active is this game? (in the pc community) and is it noob friendly? Because i been hearing stories about the veterans who play this game get pissed off if you don't act stealthy or accidentally fuck up in the game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike
    RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Well shit my bad. Ill try to keep it in the proper forum next time

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DharmaBum

@rupertthebear said:

Well this is kinda interesting. I got this game during the last Steam holiday sale but haven't touched it yet and i was wondering how active is this game? (in the pc community) and is it noob friendly? Because i been hearing stories about the veterans who play this game get pissed off if you don't act stealthy or accidentally fuck up in the game.

It's one of the most actively played games on Steam, so you shouldn't have trouble finding people.

If you're just starting out, I recommend hosting your own lobby on one of the easier levels like Jewelry Store or Bank Heist on normal difficulty, just to play at your own pace and get the hang of things. People tend to stealth their way through most heists to earn the maximum payout (and because it's more satisfying then just running in guns blazing).

So if you join a random group of higher level players, just follow them and ask if they need you to do anything. I've found that the Payday community in general is very respectful toward beginners, and there are plenty of new players after the recent sales.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rupertthebear: There is still an active community but I stopped playing this game a few months after it came out. I got to Rep 60 and I got fed up with the player base. When I played with folks I knew it was fun but in pub games I frequently encountered people chided me for doing something they viewed as "wrong" or fucking up in some way that was unavoidable. Like the previous post said most people want to stealth to get a big payout and when the AI acts strangely there is the constant accusations of "who the fuck set off alarms!". It was the equivalent of the BF cry of "play your class." Toward the end I really got pissed off when I just wanted to play a quick heist at the end of the day only to find a group of teenagers on the other end acting like morons and thinking they can boss me around for some reason. If you want to get into this game a mic is essential, host your own games, and kick any jerks off your squads.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@hassun: Wait a minute, your telling me I can rob a bank with the Ted "Theodore" Logan?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Corevi

@i_stay_puft: While dual wielding pistols and wearing sick customizable shades. Yes.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By hassun

Kind of shitty they call this as a 'reward' though, it's obviously more like promotion.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By DinosaurCanada

@hassun: Man maybe I should have read this thread first before I made a separate thread on it! Feels a little underwhelming and slimy at first, but three sunglasses!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.