Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

AMD Vega 56 cards have some down close to MSRP - Hallelujah

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I has an alert from PC Parts Picker for drops in price for Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB . And, what do you know, the thing actually tripped at a decent price! The card is now $404.98, which is within $4 of MSRP. (The card had cost $525 in an 'out of stock' state a month ago at Newegg, and were most being resold for $699. God, I REALLY hope some speculators get burned trying to unload their cards now that the prices are low...but that might be too much to ask for.)

This gives me hope that video cards prices have really started to drop and might will settle close to their MSRP. Now, I just have to hope that the custom Vega cards, the ones I really want, start appearing in the next few weeks. The prices of RAM and storage flash memory is still sky high, but at the very least prices of this key components is dropping.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is that the final price or is it with rebate/bundle or other stupid way to make it seem like saving money?

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

More interested in the partner cards, but this is good news for people who are in on Freesync monitors if nothing else. I'd specifically be interested to see if they produce PCBs and/or coolers that would hit something closer to the 255mm or 267mm length. My mini-ITX case only has so much horizontal space, and right now I'd have to saw a hole in the front panel for an existing Vega card.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By GundamGuru

@forteexe21: It looks like a handful of cards are back to the $399 MSRP, no strings attached or other funny business. I'm waiting for the right time to do an all-AMD build myself. Now if only DDR4 prices would come down to reasonable levels...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think the price will rise about $20+ in the next few days, because the prices seem like "deals" to not make 1070 Ti look like runaway successes. I could be wrong, but if 1070 Ti had not have arrived last week, the prices would not have dropped

I want to see Sapphire's AIB Vega cards. I like their style of their cards, I'm hoping they make a NITRO+ shroud for their Vega cards. At the very least I hope custom partner cards will shake up pricing again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.