Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Any PC Games With Vibration Support (Xbox360 Controller Question)

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mitch0712

I'm playing Assassin's Creed again because I recently bought an Xbox360 controller to use for ease of controlling third person characters in games.  It's wired but i never get any rumble from the game. Do PC games not have this? If not that's a waste of tech inside the controller.    (Running Win7 64 bit)

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Not really a waste of tech since the controller was primarily for the Xbox.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88

Pretty much every single 360 controller-compatible game I've played on the PC supports rumble, and I own a lot of them. Can't remember if Assassin's Creed had the option, but just check the control settings and it will tell you. 

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mitch0712
    @Binman88 said:

" Pretty much every single 360 controller-compatible game I've played on the PC supports rumble, and I own a lot of them. Can't remember if Assassin's Creed had the option, but just check the control settings and it will tell you.  "

There's an option for Vibration, I have it set to ON but it doesn't work.  Are there models of the Xbox controller without vibration?
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88
    @Mitch0712 said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    " Pretty much every single 360 controller-compatible game I've played on the PC supports rumble, and I own a lot of them. Can't remember if Assassin's Creed had the option, but just check the control settings and it will tell you.  "
    There's an option for Vibration, I have it set to ON but it doesn't work.  Are there models of the Xbox controller without vibration? "
    Not that I'm aware of. A quick google search shows a number of discussions about your Assassin's Creed issue, with Ubisoft not properly supporting the controller, despite recommending it for use with their game. Apparently you can get it working with a third-party driver for the controller, but for the sake of one game you might not want to go to the bother of messing around with it.
    duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By duder123

Ubisoft  :|

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    why would there be rumble in assassin's creed ? when is it supposed to happen, when u get hit or something ? 

Also, i dont have a x360 controller but i have a Dualshock 3, and in order to get it working and have the vibration work on my win7 64 bit i had to 
    1. turn on test mode in windows and keep it that way (there are instructions to do that on many websites) 
    2. download MotionInJoy and have it install the controller driver and fix any issues 

but since you have a x360 controller, maybe those steps arent needed. or myabe they are ! so try em out of you googled your problem and havent found answers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.