Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Anyone own either the Logitech G35 or G930 headsets?.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm thinking of buying one of these to use as both a PC and PS4 headset. Reviews on Amazon have been generally positive but it still has a below 4 rating. Any of you have experiences with either of these headsets?

briguyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have had a G930 for maybe 5 years now. It still works great and I love it. The mic arm finally started breaking this year, but a piece of duct tape is holding it together well. The audio quality is pretty good, and battery life is decent. I'm not sure how much I'd recommend it, however, since it hasn't been updated in 5 years. It's way overdue for a hardware refresh, and I'm not sure when one would be coming.

PC Gamer recently did a list of wireless gaming headsets: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-wireless-gaming-headsets/. When mine finally gives out completely, I'll probably look into splurging a bit and getting a SteelSeries H.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cloudymusic

I had a G930 for 4 years. Pretty good overall, but there was some audible whining in the earcups when using sidetone (mic monitoring) which got really annoying. I would also have issues with the wireless connection dropping out a couple times per hour, which apparently varies in severity depending on your environment and proximity to other wireless devices.

When I replaced them I went back to wired headphones to avoid those issues, but the actual sound quality, comfort, and software were all pretty good, though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@mikey87144: I had a G35 for 3 or 4 years before it finally broke - the fake leather ear pads perished and started peeling, and the microphone connection breaking occasionally was enough for me to throw it away. I replaced it with the G430, effectively their newer model of the exact same thing and immediately regretted it. Why? Because the Logitech software is complete garbage.

I completely forgot how it took me months and months to fix a simple issue where Windows recognises the device as a stereo headset (which it is), but their drivers are trying to persuade Windows that it is in fact a 7.1 surround sound device, thanks to the virtualised surround sound it does in software. What this means is the audio ends up louder in one ear than the other, all because their drivers are cocked up. In the end I have completely given up and now use the G430 plugged in via its 3mm jack instead of the USB dongle which does the virtual surround sound, so I only get stereo. At least both ears are the same volume levels now.

In fact, talking about volume levels, be prepared to get stunned and amazed as you try and use the Logitech software to make the headset louder. By default it is pretty quiet, and it has a nice built in EQ you can use to adjust levels, and even bring all of them up to make it louder. Except a few years ago they patched the software so you can no longer make the headphones any louder than they are out of the box. If you move a bar up in the EQ now, it moves all the other bars down by an equal amount. Absolutely insane.

All in all I'd say the headset is actually okay, but it's ruined by the Logitech software. If I were to buy a new headset now I would just buy some nice Sennheiser headphones or something and say fuck it.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hayt

I have a logitech g35 that I've had since... shit now that I think it's been since 2009. Works great for sound and voicechat seems fine still although I don't use it for chat more than a few times a week.

The fake leather bit is worn to hell though.

Hardywells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have a G930 for over a year now. Works fantastically, even after I once sat on it. Pretty sturdy.

DeimosReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a G35 for about, yeah like everyone else has said a good 4 or 5 years. I've used it for gaming/Skype and most recently as a PS4 headset and it works quite well and I've had no complaints with the audio or microphone quality. BUT like everyone else has said, the Pleather is pretty much just pealing away every time I wear the damn thing, other then that no regrets!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a G930. Wireless cuts out a few times an hour for a couple of seconds. Other than that, pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.