Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Bananas deals going on at Digital Storm right now

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

If you're in the market for a high to extreme end PC, Digital Storm is having quite a sale right now. They've just updated their pre-built rigs, and some are quite amazing.  

For $1697 dollars you can get a rig with the core specs

Core i7 930
    GTX 480 
    6GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    750W PSU 

I just did a tally on Newegg, and buying the parts alone would cost $1570. For the $127 difference you get 

Professional build quality  
    Installation of OS and drivers
    Overclocking of CPU from 2.8Ghz stock to 3.7Ghz 
    A newly released and/or AAA game (usually goes by whatever's selling the most right now)
    72-hour stress test, which includes on-site replacement of parts if anything fails during the test 
    3-Year warranty 
    Lifetime technical support 

I think the premium on the base components is more than reasonable given the above benefits. In addition I believe DS covers the taxes for you and has free ground shipping, so in actuality you may be getting this for even cheaper than buying the components alone. 

I can speak from personal experience that they have the best build quality in the biz. If you were planning on getting a top-powered PC anytime soon, now's your chance.   

No Caption Provided

BBB
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Digital_Storm   

As comparisons: 

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dell 
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Alienware
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Not a bad deal at all really if you're not confident enough to put one together yourself.

Actually, even if you are, it's a pretty good deal. I don't know how good their tech support, but for those that don't want to sift through tech forums and whatnot to troubleshoot themselves, that could be a nice bonus. Stress test is a nice bonus.. saves having to RMA if anything goes wrong.

And hey... who doesn't want a free game?

If you're considering buying a pre-built gaming PC any time in the near future, maybe you should consider these guys. I don't know anything about their reputation, but it's not a bad deal.

Inuzagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Inuzagi
    Hmm, this sounds pretty damn interesting. I was planning on building my own computer though. I might just stick with that, but this does sounds pretty good...I'm going to have to think this over.
    yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By yani

I wish things like this were cheaper in the UK.  I find that pc components are usually significantly more expensive here.  So much so that I'm considering ducking out of pc gaming, especially with all the crappy ports we've been getting lately.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By schizogony

I thought this was about a sale on fruit. 

I was misled.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Wow there are sure a ton of water cooling pipes and seems overall like a good deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.