Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

can my laptop run swtor well?

thevariant2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thevariant2012

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215187 thanks in advance! just got this laptop for Minecraft and as a cheap replacement for everyday use, but its what I was recommended by various sources... also, is there a need to update/grade my RAM? new to the pc aide of things

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

I don't know a huge amount about mobile cpu's, but the game recommends 2.0ghz processor at a bare minimum, and your laptop has a 1.5ghz processor, It may work but I seriously doubt it would be playable.

thevariant2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thevariant2012

isn't that mased on a dual core though, does it being a quad make a difference?

thevariant2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thevariant2012

meant to say based? whenever i look at "system requirements" is always makes a point to say minimun is with a single core or whatnot. sorry, like i said know very little about this stuff. thanks again

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

One of the product reviewers on newegg claims to have overclocked the CPU to 2.4GHz. So if you feel like learning about overclocking, you've got the potential to maybe run SWTOR.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

@thevariant2012: A core processes 'threads'. Lets say they threads are made by the programs you run. More cores means you can process more threads at a time. Most programs only use one thread though a lot of modern software is starting to take advantage of multiple threads.

A CPUs clock speed (the Ghz) tells you how fast the core can process that thread, put very simply. Some manufacturers and people will advertise a dual core 2ghz CPU as 4Ghz but that isn't how it works at all. You still need your processor to be fast. More cores just lets you do more stuff at the same time.

I hope I didn't put that too simply as to patronise you.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cameron

I'd worry more about the GPU since it's integrated. Check out (http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6620G.54675.0.html) for an idea of how that card does with modern games including SWTOR. It looks like you should be able to run it at low settings with a mediocre framerate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

SWTOR is really heavy on the video card more than processor or RAM.

thevariant2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thevariant2012

this video is throwing me off: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NE4UsvpsY44 worried about if it is reliable :/ thanks, i have asked all this of gamefaqs with no help.

thevariant2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thevariant2012

also, does anyone know if the turbocore kicks in automatically?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.