Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Can't download games from the Windows 10 store?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I just built my first PC. It's the first PC I've had in years that can actually play modern games. Due to this fact I don't really have any graphically intensive games to test out on Steam. I do however own Killer Instinct, so I figured I'd try that out. I can't though. The option to download the game is grayed out, and it says the app is not compatible with my device. I looked at other games, and I can't download any of them. What's the deal with this?

I ran wsreset, but nothing changed.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By monetarydread

I had that problem a while back.... and you aren't going to enjoy the news. For some reason Microsoft has decided that being COMPLETELY up to date on all your windows updates is a requirement for the store. Apparently the December update fucked things up for windows update and the only way to fix it is to run the Windows tool that repairs / reinstalls windows 10. THen you can download the latest updates.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@monetarydread: My windows 10 downloads updates no problem? That's pretty shitty to force updates needed for the store, i have mine deferred for now but that's just another reason to add on to reasons to never use the windows store for anything.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@oursin_360: Thats the problem, it's Windows 10 saying that everything is updated when there is a gang of shit left to download. Here is a link that explains the why and the hows better than I can. Its really not that big of a process, it took me 30 minutes of not using my computer and everything was fixed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.