Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Change install locations for games on Windows 10 store.

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I am really looking forward to playing Forza Horizon 3 on PC when it comes out. My problem is that I install all my games on a separate HDD than my OS, and last I knew you couldn't change the install locations for games bought in the Windows 10 store. A quick Google search was no help, so I am coming to you! For a test, I tried installing Forza Apex earlier tonight. I clicked "Install" and it began to download instantly, no prompts asking where I would like to download it to. This wouldn't be much of an issue, but I only have around 30gb free on the SSD my OS is installed on. So is there a step I am missing somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks duders!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

START > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > STORAGE

Change what you need under "Save Locations"

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@thatbendorf: Yeah, it's dumb. It installed Killer Instinct and Forza Apex that way when I downloaded them.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@thatbendorf: Yup! Everything you buy from the Win10 Store is considered an app.

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.