Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Changing Steam account name?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ket87

Random question but can you change your account name for Steam? Not your profile but your actual account name. I knew before hand you could change your profile name when ever and when I created my account I thought that was it and now seeing my dumb account name up in the corner just ticks me off. I'm super OCD about crap like that and hate it when online services and websites don't permit you to change info even personal info only you see. I have even clashed with Giant Bomb over the issue as well haha.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't think so.

n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By n00bosaurusRex

Yeah i think you're out of luck :/ that name is static once its created.  Sorry!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By fwylo

Sure can't.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I know how you feel bro. It sucks, Steam along with Sony, do not allow name changes. Fuck...Microsoft actually got something right. Even though its a scam. 

So yeah, sorry man.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ket87
    @arab_prince said:
    " I know how you feel bro. It sucks, Steam along with Sony, do not allow name changes. Fuck...Microsoft actually got something right. Even though its a scam.  So yeah, sorry man. "
    Sony loses favor for not allowing name changes but at least you can make all the free accounts you want.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unclejohnny79

Nah, i wish i could change mine but at least you can only see it when you need to log in and such

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By gunslingerNZ

This annoys me too. I got a steam account way back when Half Life 2 was released and didn't really give much thought to the account name since I had no idea how huge steam would become back then. Then I started downloading half life mods onto my steam account and buying games and before I knew it I had about 60 steam games and no way to get rid of my old account name...

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By flaminghobo
    @gunslingerNZ said:
    "This annoys me too. I got a steam account way back when Half Life 2 was released and didn't really give much thought to the account name since I had no idea how huge steam would become back then. Then I started downloading half life mods onto my steam account and buying games and before I knew it I had about 60 steam games and no way to get rid of my old account name... "

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way as gunslingerNZ. I've moved on from my old ID to the "FlamingHobo" ID I use wherever I go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.