Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

GTX660ti SLi w/ GTX660

essi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm kinda new to SLi and I can't find any solid info on whether to treat 660ti and 660 as seperate models or not for the purpose of SLi.

Basically the question is, Is it possible or even desirable?

Or will I have to beg a friend to upgrade and sell me his?

Avatar image for detectivespecial
    DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not possible. They are misleadingly named and quite different cards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

You only SLI identical cards. The 660ti is much better than the 660.

essi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By essi2

So... Uhm.. I guess that means the 660ti Phantom is a different card aswell.

If so, then this SLi plan of mine might require some old part hunting. My friends 660ti is Phantom.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By VACkillers

yeah both cards really need to be the same, they don't need to be identicle, so long as the actual chipset (the 660ti bit) is the same then you can miss-match other brands, what happens at that point is it'll only run as fast as the slowest card but its not reccomended and you may run into issues. If you're wanting to sli you're friends 660ti phantom than you'll need to find another 660ti phantom really.

essi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necroing this thread to add that running a 660ti in SLi with a 660ti Phantom does not seem to pose any particular problem.

Geforce Experience does not differentiate the two, the Phantom is merely listed as a standard 660ti(This might be due to underclocking caused by being SLi'ed with a slightly slower card).

Running spot free for a few months now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.