Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Guild wars 2 DLC

JakeMoore1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Just a quick one! I was just wondering is there any DLC packs for guild wars 2? I am new to the game and I am really getting in to it so I was just wondering is there a DLC out for it or is there one coming out?

Thanks

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@jakemoore1106:

Well right now as it gets close to a year after the game launched, they haven't done much one big expansions over smaller doses of content. This living world content has been changing the game some every couple of weeks (now) or every month (earlier in 2013). Most of these living world content pieces have some level of permanent stuff to it but other things are treated like the seasonal holiday event items that are only up during that time period.

As someone who played a lot of the first Guild Wars game, I expect that there will probably have some larger world expansions but smaller DLC packs are free in the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
    deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

It was previously stated by ArenaNet that they have no plans for boxed / digital expansions like GW1 and are opting to put their full weight behind their "Living world" content as their primary way to evolve the game.

This announcement sparked a pretty strong negative reaction from the community a few months back so I wouldn't be too surprised if they backtrack on that statement at some point.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By PizzaSauce

It was previously stated by ArenaNet that they have no plans for boxed / digital expansions like GW1 and are opting to put their full weight behind their "Living world" content as their primary way to evolve the game.

This announcement sparked a pretty strong negative reaction from the community a few months back so I wouldn't be too surprised if they backtrack on that statement at some point.

Yeah as a GW2 player I'd like to see an expansion in the future. The living world content is great but I really can see them u-turning on their last statement.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

They've been adding pretty significant content to the game on a bi-weekly basis, which is pretty amazing. It's all free, but tends to be temporary and so far has been mostly quite uninteresting. Things seem to be picking up with the last few patches though and the anniversary content (on the 20th of this month) promises to be (game) world changing, as the events from the past few months finally build to some kind of reveal.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VACkillers

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make any expansion packs for it what so ever like they did with GW:2 ?

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Elwoodan
    @the_grindilow said:

@tullyackland said:

Yeah as a GW2 player I'd like to see an expansion in the future. The living world content is great but I really can see them u-turning on their last statement.

I'm actually wondering if they have just decided to cut what would be normal expansion content (like, revisiting Cantha, for instance) into living world chunks. If they decided to increase the level cap (or add in new classes/races/game systems) and release a new Cantha zone every other week for free, rather than all at once in a paid expansion, it would be kinda cool.

also, the only other 'DLC' not really touched on already is all the cash shop items, they usually sell themed weapon/armor skins based around whatever the current living world event is, along side the normal free to play style EXP/magic find boosters and mini pets.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone on Neogaf made a pretty good infographic detailing the past year:

No Caption Provided

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats pretty sweet graphic that... subscription fee's 0.. lol

Rayderzet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rayderzet

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make any expansion packs for it what so ever like they did with GW:1 ?

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VACkillers

WHOOPS!!! mean to be GW2.. sorry about the typo...... really bad !!!! on my part... shit lol Correcting that now

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@vackillers said:

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make any expansion packs for it what so ever like they did with GW:1 ?

Someone answered this earlier in the thread but they stated they have no plans to start working on any big expansions like they did for Guild Wars 1. They are focusing on the living world content instead.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By nights

@wintersnowblind said:

They've been adding pretty significant content to the game on a bi-weekly basis, which is pretty amazing. It's all free, but tends to be temporary and so far has been mostly quite uninteresting. Things seem to be picking up with the last few patches though and the anniversary content (on the 20th of this month) promises to be (game) world changing, as the events from the past few months finally build to some kind of reveal.

Therein lies the issue. I'm perfectly fine with timed events, but they offer nothing to a returning player such as myself. ANet claim they're going to have a mixture of temporary and permanent content, but what exactly the latter entails remains a mystery. Granted, the game has only been out for a year. The character customization (or lack thereof) still irks me to end. I said it during open beta and it's still an issue (for me) to this day. Games like Aion put Guild Wars 2 to shame in that department.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus: Yeah I just must have missed that or something, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.