Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

High-Profile or Low-Profile - Which type of keys you prefer for mechanical gaming keyboard?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll High-Profile or Low-Profile - Which type of keys you prefer for mechanical gaming keyboard? (7 votes)

High-Profile Keys 43%
    Low-Profile Keys 57%

Dear PC gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

I would like to see you guys share your thoughts on these two types of key cases for the keyboard, so for me, I have been loving to use mechanical keyboards with RGB lights for gaming and decorated into a synthwave-themed desktop gaming computer, because it's my personal favorite music genre.

Sidenote: My personal favorite games for keyboard and mouse are Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and PC Building Simulator.

• 
    gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry guys I had to restart this poll thread, because of some of the mistakes that I made as I cannot edit.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This would probably be easier to understand if you describe what you meant by "High Profile" and "Low Profile" since you refer to both cases and what I assume are keycaps in your original post.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I am 100% a low-profile supporter. After using laptops for work, writing, and even gaming for over ten years; I have just gotten to the point to where I prefer the immediacy of low-profile switches to normal or high-profile switches.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gtxforza

@bicycleham: Oh my bad, I could have mentioned keycaps instead.

@zombiepie: I understood, I can sense the reason for people prefer to use low-profile keycaps in the office because it's quieter than high-profile keycaps so everyone can work more confidently, but for myself, I prefer to use the high-profile keyboard as part of my way to catch the 1980's vibes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.