Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is supcom 2 just a console port?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

Don't know much about it but I loved the first game because of the huge battles. However this second game the battles looks so small and like it was made for the console first..... I'm not interested in the game if it has smaller battles and has gone that stupid way that Dawn of War 2 and all the new RTS games have gone. Anyone know how it plays?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

Demo is out on steam if you want to try it out for yourself. 

As far as i can tell, it still has fairly large scale massive battles. Whether they're as large scale as the previous game, i'm not so sure.
    Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Black_Raven

Demo on steam? Sweet, I really liked the origonal and Forged aliance so I hope this one is good and isn't dumbed down for consoles.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jmrwacko

I thought it was very, very improved over SupCom 1, much more streamlined and a better campaign from what I've played. Also, the battles are still pretty massive... once you get a good economy going, you can have hundreds of units at once, and the maps aren't too small either.

Also, experimental units are much easier to come by.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

The first game had 1000 units each, up to 8000 on the screen at once with 4 vs 4 with land, air and water units. 

Still the same? Not interested if the battles are smaller.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Black_Raven
    @PapaLazarou said:
    " The first game had 1000 units each, up to 8000 on the screen at once with 4 vs 4 with land, air and water units.  Still the same? Not interested if the battles are smaller. "
    Can't really tell from the demo, there is no skermish in it but you get to play a single player mission which I guess is early in the game so I doubt it's a good representation of how large the battles can get in the game. Based on the unit management and the optimisation of the game (The game runs MUCH better than the origonal Supcom) I'd think the battles will be just as large, if not bigger.
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Lazyaza

Have you seen the pc screenshots?

No Caption Provided

In one of the recent interviews with the sc2 devs they said the pc version was getting some maps the console one wasn't and that the max players is capped at 8 instead of 4 like it is on 360. So yeah pretty sure the pc version is faithful to the originals epic scale.
    mmmskyscraper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mmmskyscraper

Loved the first game and Forged Alliance, hate what it's turned into. The demo totally killed any ideas I had about pre-ordering, I might pick it up in a sale. Most of the reactions I've seen on the official forum and others have been negative and disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.