Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is there such thing as a manual system requirement input website?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm looking for a website like systemrequirementslab.com where you can input the specifications of a machine you're planning on buying and compare it to the requirements for a certain game. On the previously mentioned website, it does a little scan of the computer you're running and doesn't let you (at least from what I can tell) manually input the specs for a theoretical machine, or a machine you're planning on buying/making. Anyone know if this exists?

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Slay3r1583
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

@Slay3r1583: That's so good! It's just that the game in question isn't an EA game... but I guess I can use this one as a gauge

It's Guild Wars 2 btw

EDIT: Oh shit just realized you can change publishers. Still, ArenaNet or NCSoft isn't there...

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Slay3r1583

@xyzygy said:

@Slay3r1583: That's so good! It's just that the game in question isn't an EA game... but I guess I can use this one as a gauge

It's Guild Wars 2 btw

I don't know if it has Guild Wars 2 but click on the publisher icons and you can choose other games.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Devildoll

just like systemrequirementslab , that site just compares the text on the back of the box with the components you input.

so all it does is tell you if your components are better than the required or recommended components set by the developer/publisher.

But then comes the question, what the f... does that even mean? barely playable at lowest? 30 fps @1280x720? 60 fps @1920x1080?

that's something that is never listed on the back of the box, unfortunately. therefore, system requirements are pretty useless, since no one knows what to expect if you pass them ( or dont ).

The minimum requirements have some use, since what they should be telling you is weather you can boot the game or not, but if your computer is that far behind that you even have to consider that being an option, what are you even doing?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.