Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

macbook switchable graphics problem

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
    imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By imayellowfellow

my macbook used to switch from integrated to nvidia graphics when i fullscreened flash videos, but after installing flash 10.1, it no longer switches dynamically, it stays on integrated and the video is all choppy is there anyway to get it to dynamically switch again when i toggle between fullscreen? anyone else getting thsi problem? 

i use gfxcardstatus btw

edins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By edins

No one uses macs...you should honestly try the apple mac forums on their website.

Diagnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Diagnostic

Pc forum.
    niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By niall_sg1

Try updating the drivers for your graphics card. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

The mac OSX isn't ideal for messing with the graphics card. Your best bet is to partition your harddrive and install Windows XP SP3 on the partition. You'll be able to change every property on the nvidia card from there. Just beware of overheating.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By commandercup
    @edins said:
    " No one uses macs...you should honestly try the apple mac forums on their website. "
    I guess that's why the Whiskey Office is filled with macs...

@Diagnostic said:
    " Pc forum. "

I'm pretty sure PC stands for Personal Computer not "a computer running Windows"

@ryanwho said:
    " The mac OSX isn't ideal for messing with the graphics card. Your best bet is to partition your harddrive and install Windows XP SP3 on the partition. You'll be able to change every property on the nvidia card from there. Just beware of overheating. "

What!?

I don't have your problem and I don't know a fix for it, but I had to comment on the Mac hate that doesn't even make sense.
    fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fynne

What's probably happening is that you need to tell OSX that the new Flash should use the high end graphics.  No idea how to do that.  Either google it or goto a mac forum.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TotalEklypse

i know you didnt post a mac question in a pc forum. let me find something sharp. brb

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MisterMouse

There are some applications that you can download that will make the switching easy for you, (was checking it out earlier around the release of steam for mac) other than that you can go in and manually change your graphics cards setting before every video you watch in full screen (but we both know you probably wont want to do that). I have forgotten the name of the application so I can't help you there but I am sure you can do a search for it and check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.