Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Max Payne 3 Huge on the Harddrive space

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VACkillers

At a wooping 35GB is it time now that the PC gaming format try and turn to blu-ray discs now as this will portentially come on what? 5-7 DVDs? never lone trying to download that amount of data via Steam! that will just take an AGE!!! just looking for peoples thoughts on this and whos actually getting via steam? or buying it from the stores? I personally, will be buying it from the stores as it just seems a lot easier then trying to download 35GB on an 8MB connection heh

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

Normally games listing 20 gigs or more want that much for temporary storage during the install, but this needs to be the mother of PC ports if it's actually going to put those 35 to use. They could be giving us the largest possible textures and sound resources allowing us to squeeze everything out of even the greatest most powerful gaming computers today, but I kinda doubt that. Would be better off releasing that as an optional free package.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VACkillers

hmmm optional free package, yeah that sounds like a good idea actually, like some form of FREE dlc? but yes im thinking the texturing is going to be breath-taking at that size

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By doobie

just because the game take up 35GB it does not mean the download or the size on disk will be 35GB. the witcher 2 for instance was a 15GB download and extracted to around 20GB.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

That's what she said ( sorry somebody had to do it )

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Marcsman said:

That's what she said ( sorry somebody had to do it )

That doesn't even make sense. Is it because of the huge?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I buy the box of the games I really care about, so I got no problem here. Too bad the box cover looks like ASS.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VACkillers

@doobie said:

just because the game take up 35GB it does not mean the download or the size on disk will be 35GB. the witcher 2 for instance was a 15GB download and extracted to around 20GB.

Indeed but even if compressed, that will prolly still leave a 25-30GB download still haha... and im not really all that bothered about it, just curious to see other peoples reaction to that :D i like big games, i like big graphics, and its max fucking payne!!!! but seriously though, if indeed it REALLY DOES utilize the maximum texture maps and everything its definitely worth it and reason why games SHOULD be made for pc, to make the most of how beautiful a game could possibly look!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By probablytuna

I've preordered a boxed copy of the game. I really hope that there wouldn't be any additional downloads and would just install straight from the discs.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VACkillers

If you got the box'd version you'd probably get everything on the disks unless theres some sort of patch

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

Yes, I agree that the largest texture sizes should be a separate optional free download instead of including it in the base package. This has become the age of small monthly bandwidth limitations, and 35 gigs for the basic edition of a single game sounds insane for people who don't have other internet options.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Didnt bother me. I set it to download in the morning and it was done and waiting for me when I got back from work. I dont do slow ISP's or ones with data limits.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Cubical

Who cares what it comes on only a dumb ass would try to run it of a slow ass optical disc with out copying the entire game to the hardisk like a console noob anyway.

vighnesh11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vighnesh11

the setup is really 7dvds exactly 28gb when archieved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.