Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

New Mumble! Hang with fellow GB users! And talk with them!!

• 90 results
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

Hi there PC duders and soontobe or wantingtobe PC duders!

So. There is a restructuring going on with the Giant Bomb Mumble server(s) due to a mix of high demand and general use. For those who are part of the Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub Steam Community, you’ll know that there have been weekly scheduled events for everyone to hop on and play some of their favorite games – however, there has been a call for focus on a more permanent basis beyond Battlefield 3 for day-to-day chat channels.

I'm SUPER STOKED to announce that for this reason, we (many of the former admins and regulars) are migrating to a new Mumble server hosted on Amazon’s service whilst leaving the current one dedicated to spotlighting those great Bombing Runs and BF3. This new one is located in US East to reduce lag for those blokes across the pond.

Hell, just go ahead and surf around, share some links in the chat, and just just hang out with some cool fellow duders. This new server is for all those gems you've picked up over the years, along with the big guns like Cards Against Humanity, DayZ, Minecraft, Shogun 2, League of Legends, Counter Strike Source, Diablo 3 and on and on. There are some people on the Giant Bomb website who are almost as cool as yourself. Maybe they can finally beat that high score of yours in Audiosurf?

All you need to join and hang with some really cool people is Mumble. That can be downloaded here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Once it is downloaded, install the program and run the audio wizard. This will setup all that is needed to speak with us. Even if you don't speak, you can listen and type as many do.

To connect to the server select "Server" and connect, then enter 23.21.64.235 in the address window, then 64738 in the port window. Choose a name, however you want to be known, press enter and you’re done! Yay!

**P.S.**

As a disclaimer, I want to mention this mumble is not affiliated with the PC gaming hub, it’s more or less a place where you play games and shoot the shit. Play what you want, how you want, when you want, with some vocal input from some pretty nifty Giant Bomb users. Boom.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By roughneck117

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH DRAMAZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!GWADZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

@roughneck117 said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH DRAMAZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!GWADZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Well this is clearly an appropriate response.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By No0b0rAmA

@TheHT: It must be code for something!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By pyromagnestir

@No0b0rAmA: I will crack the code. Let's see... I before E except after C and... Eureka! I got it!

Whoa. Oh man. Was not expecting that. So racist. So very, very racist. Surprisingly well written, but still. I don't think I can post it here. @roughneck117: You should be ashamed of yourself, sir!

@Matthew: Cards Against Humanity you say? How do I get in on this? (edit. oh hey look at that, I done fucked up the punctuation. Damnit)

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@pyromagnestir said:

@Matthew: Cards Against Humanity you say? How do I get in on this.

Same here...aside from simply joining the new server, of course.

(To be fair, I gave you guys, like, nine warnings that I was going to do this very thing.)

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matthew

@pyromagnestir: CAH - boom!!! Dominion along with Catan are a couple other not-quite-traditional-pc-games that we dig playing. Because we're awesome like that.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By mosdl

We are also only playing Wii-U games on the new server I hear

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Matthew: Aha! Right. That. So some of you's guys have been playing and voice chatting whilst doing so? That sounds kinda fun. (And also how did you know I like to choose the name Boom? Hmmm!?)

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By matthew
    @pyromagnestir dude it gets crazy when that happens. There will be like 8 of us or whatever, and we're just cracking up the whole time. The only thing that digital version is missing are blank cards, but it's good enough withoutem. And as far as knowing your deepest thoughts and desires.... Binoculars man....
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

Oh god. I don't know if I'm ready for this.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Aegon

@pyromagnestir said:

@No0b0rAmA: I will crack the code. Let's see... I before E except after C and why two plus two makes four

Fixed.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By matthew

@ajamafalous Nononono, don't worry about it. The Wii-U doesn't do friend codes anymore, it's safe! Plus, twitter in your games! The MiiVerse! All for freeeeeeeee!!!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Matthew: Well at least I know now that I'm not putting on all my fancy lingerie for nothing.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The Hub and it's schedule are remaining the same, nothing has changed other than the very trivial reduction of the Mumble server's channel number because it looked ridiculous before with 20 different channels.  
    That means we're still playing all kinds of fun multiplayer games every weekend.

I'm SUPER STOKED to announce that for this reason, we (many of the former admins and regulars) are migrating to a new Mumble server 

I'd like to point out that the BF3 server admining, Mumble server admining, IRC channel admining, Gaming Hub Steam group scheduling, and reminder posting will remain exactly the same because the "former admins" (which I've assigned), did practically nothing. 
    Almost everything you see done within the Gaming Hub is something I do, so any "admins" leaving have no influence on the Hub's usual activities.   

Not to mention that those so called regulars which I've intentionally alienated by removing their favorite Mumble channels, did nothing but use the server to play a couple of their favorite games. There was barely any support for the Hub whatsoever, barely played in the Gamenights, barely advertised it or invited others to join. 
    Haha, I brought these people together and allowed them to meet and befriend through making gamenights for them to play and maintaining a voice server for them to talk, and they're so ungrateful they stopped supporting what I do when they formed a small gang playing Arma and Men of War every day. 
    Nothing but complete ungrateful freeloading. Well, that voice server is not for a rogue non-supportive 'gang' of Arma and Smite freeloaders, so good riddance.

Best of luck, boys. You're welcome for the months of quality gamenights I broke a sweat organizing and the Mumble server I keep where you all met and became 'best buds' in the channels I created based on YOUR requests. 
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheHT

I guess it really was an appropriate response.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Subjugation

Oh lawd, here we go.

Edit: Matthew popped into the channel during the last GW2 BWE and seemed to be a super chill dude. From that brief experience I'm inclined give him the benefit of the doubt until given a reason otherwise. But hey, let's not rustle jimmies here. New Mumble server for those who want to use it, old Mumble server for those who want to use it. Choices.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dourin

@AhmadMetallic: Wait...so you're bitching because people didn't donate to the server? Last time I checked, donations aren't mandatory. I've run a vent server for over three years for a guild I am no longer a part of anymore, have gotten zero donations from them, and only a handful from external friends who occasionally use the server, but I don't bitch about it. I get annoyed that a guild of 40+ can't seem to drop $5 a month between them, but I don't go on and bitch at them about it. If I felt that strongly about it, I would shut the server down, or change the password so that only my friends and I could use it. I don't, because I'm not a dick. I run the server because I want to, and even now, while I'm unemployed and have been since January, I continue to pay for the server monthly without issue because I want to. I think you might've lost touch of why you started the server in the first place if this is how you are handling things.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PeasantAbuse

This all sounds very unfriendly.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

@AhmadMetallic said:

The Hub and it's schedule are remaining the same, nothing has changed other than the very trivial reduction of the Mumble server's channel number because it looked ridiculous before with 20 different channels.
    That means we're still playing all kinds of fun multiplayer games every weekend.

I'm SUPER STOKED to announce that for this reason, we (many of the former admins and regulars) are migrating to a new Mumble server

I'd like to point out that the BF3 server admining, Mumble server admining, IRC channel admining, Gaming Hub Steam group scheduling, and reminder posting will remain exactly the same because the "former admins" (which I've assigned), did practically nothing.
    Almost everything you see done within the Gaming Hub is something I do, so any "admins" leaving have no influence on the Hub's usual activities.

Not to mention that those so called regulars which I've intentionally alienated by removing their favorite Mumble channels, did nothing but use the server to play a couple of their favorite games. There was barely any support for the Hub whatsoever, barely played in the Gamenights, barely advertised it or invited others to join, and almost none of them actually donates for the BF3 and Mumble servers that they use 24/7 when I collect donations every 3 months. Haha, I brought these people together and allowed them to meet and befriend through making gamenights for them to play and maintaining a voice server for them to talk, and they're so ungrateful they stopped supporting what I do when they formed a small gang playing Arma and Men of War every day. Nothing but complete ungrateful freeloading. Well, that voice server is not for a rogue non-supportive 'gang' of Arma and Smite freeloaders, so good riddance. Best of luck, boys. You're welcome for the months of quality gamenights I broke a sweat organizing and the Mumble server I keep where you all met and became 'best buds' in the channels I created based on YOUR requests.

Donating to servers is not the law, I've run two servers before and got zero donations, thats just to be expected, no need to be a whiny teenager about it.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

... I support the new mumble.

Wow , just wow.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Dourin@Hizang:   How did you get that  impression from that  post? This isn't about donating, my group has 600 people and usually 10-15 people donate, and that's fine and dandy when we reach the goal, no one has to donate. This is about being entitled and ungrateful and rebellious against something you used for months without even having the decency to support it. 

If it sounds like I'm asking for donations, which I'm not, I can edit the post. 

Also this drama should get you a few more views Matthew, why not ;]
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By matthew

@AhmadMetallic said:

Also this drama should get you a few more views Matthew, why not ;]

I'd personally like to keep it to the pm I sent you before I put this thread up so we could keep this thread to a regular discussion. You know, instead of a greater number of views.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24  Edited By Hizang

@AhmadMetallic: The way you worded it made you sound, the way you called everybody who did not donate ungrateful and not having the decency and all of that. And sure those people who didn't donate have no reason to donate so why should they, especially if your going to talk shit about them after the fact.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shinboy630
    No Caption Provided
    dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dourin

@AhmadMetallic: I got that impression from that post because I read it with my eyes. So yeah, if that's not what you intended, then you might want to edit it. That said, calling people who used it entitled and ungrateful and rebellious without having the decency to support it still sounds like "they should've donated!!!!!!!" even if you don't intend it to. If you are volunteering to run a server, you are volunteering to run a server. If you have issues with those using it, address those issues with those people, and try to solve the problem. If you're not willing to do that, then maybe don't volunteer to run a server. They "supported" the server by using the server. If they didn't like the way things were being run, they'd choose to go elsewhere, which it sounds like they did. Why should they support a server that they maybe don't agree with how things are run? That just doesn't make sense.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By mosdl

Guys and gals (and Canadians), personal stuff should go through PM. Attacking people isn't for these forums, this isn't Gamespot!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Subjugation

@shinboy630: I love you. You can sleep on my couch anytime. Oh, and @Dourin: has earned a comfy recliner chair at least.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Hizang said:

@AhmadMetallic: The way you worded it made you sound, the way you called everybody who did not donate ungrateful and not having the decency and all of that. And sure those people who didn't donate have no reason to donate so why should they, especially if your going to talk shit about them after the fact.

I mentioned supporting the group by participating in the events and inviting others as well, it was not about donations, I reach my donation goal within an hour every 3 months, it's not an issue. Either way, since it clearly sounded like nothing I intended it to sound, I edited the post. Donations are the last thing on my mind.  

Edit: This just went from 230 to 2000 views. I love these forums!
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Hizang said:

I mentioned supporting the group by participating in the events and inviting others as well, it was not about donations, I reach my donation goal within an hour every 3 months, it's not an issue. Either way, since it clearly sounded like nothing I intended it to sound, I edited the post. Donations are the last thing on my mind. Edit: This just went from 230 to 2000 views. I love these forums!

I may or may not have held F5 while viewing this thread.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dourin

@Subjugation: I prefer a recliner over a couch anyway! :)

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By matthew

@Dourin said:

@Subjugation: I prefer a recliner over a couch anyway! :)

Dude, no joke, if you get a comfy recliner....wow, I'm out like a light within minutes. Sooooo good.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SamStrife

I go to bed and wake up to find this ?!?! 

Oh you guys, you'll be hearing my thoughts on this when I jump on tonight.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shinboy630
    Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Liber
    No Caption Provided

THE ARMA 2 GANG KICKS ASS !!!

HEY YOU WANNA GACK SOME PUSSY ASS BITCHES YO GET YO ASS OVER HERE AND SIGNUP !!!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AlexW00d

Just as long as I am allowed to play Other Game 1 and its two sequels then I am happy.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlexW00d said:

Just as long as I am allowed to play Other Game 1 and its two sequels then I am happy.

I heard they're rebooting the series. it's just going to be "Other Game" now. They're also killing the server component for Other Game 1 when it drops. It will be a sad day.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By impartialgecko

Man, I need to play PC games now.

MrWoks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrWoks

@adam1808: We don't only play PC games. A few of use mumble while playing competitive games on the consoles. A great example of this is recently was a small group, running quasi training sessions in Virtua fighter 5: Final Showdown. This was followed by days of fun battles and even a jump into the world of rank mode.

As said before in previous posts, we do not only play video games. A wave of card games seems to have hit the mumble and we have been playing anything from dominion (that can be played online HERE) to Cards Against Humanity (that can be played online HERE).

All are welcome!

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Benny

Not sure why this had to become some drama filled mess of a thread really, there wasn't anything inflammatory in the original post and I don't think the responses needed saying in public either, none of you accomplish anything other than making each other look worse. Just agree to disagree and move on.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Having spent about 6 hours on the Mumble today, I can confirm that it runs smoothly and the local wildlife are indeed amusing.

If sitting around for 4 hours on a youtube equivalent of turntable.fm (plug.dj) and enjoying such classics as those linked below sounds like fun to you, then join in (apparently it's still fucking going).

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SamStrife

@MrWoks said:

@adam1808: We don't only play PC games. A few of use mumble while playing competitive games on the consoles. A great example of this is recently was a small group, running quasi training sessions in Virtua fighter 5: Final Showdown. This was followed by days of fun battles and even a jump into the world of rank mode.

As said before in previous posts, we do not only play video games. A wave of card games seems to have hit the mumble and we have been playing anything from dominion (that can be played online HERE) to Cards Against Humanity (that can be played online HERE).

All are welcome!

Quoted for truth.

It doesn't matter what system you're playing on, heck whether you're playing a game at all. Even if you're just browsing the internet you can always jump on and have a chat. We always have a laugh regardless.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By matthew

@SamStrife said:

@MrWoks said:

All are welcome!

Quoted for truth.

It doesn't matter what system you're playing on, heck whether you're playing a game at all. Even if you're just browsing the internet you can always jump on and have a chat. We always have a laugh regardless.

Oh yeah Sam?? Well what if I don't happen to have my consoles anywhere close to my computer?! What then huh? What, just play games from my Steam account, that I've had for not quite a year?? I only have just over 200 games......you expect me to play one of those??

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By bemusedchunk

Minesweeper is on PC now.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SamStrife

@Matthew: Yeah actually I do. And you'll be happy about it too goddammit.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By roughneck117

@SamStrife: Dont you take that tone with me you goddamned hamster. I may forget to feed you, if you know what im saying.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlexW00d

@roughneck117 said:

@SamStrife: Dont you take that tone with me you goddamned hamster. I may forget to feed you, if you know what im saying.

IT'S A HEDGEHOG MOTHERFUCKER.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cornbredx

I'll probably check it out at some point. I'm on here all day while I'm at work so I guess it couldn't hurt, but if you guys are using sound I wouldn't hear it. I have to keep my sound muted in case I get a call (as I do internet tech support from home).

Absolute_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Absolute_Zero

I like new stuff! I think I'm going to connect and just bask in the glow of the newness! :D Thanks for sharing this.

@MrWoks said:

All are welcome!

The bolded part sounds great. My VF5 needs stepping up. D: Was this on 360 or PS3?

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Having spent about 6 hours on the Mumble today, I can confirm that it runs smoothly and the local wildlife are indeed amusing.

If sitting around for 4 hours on a youtube equivalent of turntable.fm (plug.dj) and enjoying such classics as those linked below sounds like fun to you, then join in (apparently it's still fucking going).

This also sounds fantastic.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By roughneck117

@AlexW00d: HEY FUCK YOU BRO, IMMA DOG. WOOF WOOF BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.