Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

nvidia drivers 310.70 whql probs...I think

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By brutushayesosu

Is anyone else having hella issues with these drivers? Mainly BSOD's. I'm not sure if that's my issue but since reverting back to previous "stable" drivers I haven't got any BSOD errors.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pr1mus

I haven't had any BSODs but i did get a lot of crashes in Civ V. Turning off GPU texture decode did the trick. I don't know if the drivers or the game were at fault though.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By newhaap

What card do you have? People have been having problems, mostly crashes to desktop with DX11 games with the 500 series. I have been having problems with AC3 myself

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By bacongames

I downloaded the latest drivers yesterday or two days ago, and I haven't been having problems on my Windows 8, GTX 460 machine. Hard to say though, best advice is always to do some driver reverting and hope it works out.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brutushayesosu

@newhaap: windows 7 64bit on a 660ti w/8gb corsair vengeance 620psu I5 3750k(not oc) good temps

I was just doing some searching around when this became a regular problem and saw some other people were posting bsod probs with it. Not game related issues exactly, just random crashes and the driver seemed to be the issue. Just seeing if any giantbombers were in the same boat and if they thought or knew if the driver was trash

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

No problems with that driver on my end.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By destruktive

It was working fine yesterday and I upgraded on day of release but today I haven't been able to play more then 15 minutes of Diablo 3 before the game crashes. But I played many hours yesterday without problems. Also, no other problems or issues. so.. No? I have no clue.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By chrjz

If rolling back fixed it, then that should be a pretty good indication. Do you properly remove your old drivers before installing the new ones?

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By amafi

I had some issues with those here too. After installing on a fresh windows 8 install I didn't get video out at all. It just flashed black and white every 2 seconds or so.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By bibamatt

Bought a 550ti a couple of days ago and installed those drivers fresh. Haven't had any problems yet! Put loads of hours into Skyrim and a few into Far Cry 3 and AC3 and been all good on my end.

Aviont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Aviont

I had to roll back to the previous drivers as well. The 310.70 drivers did not like Psychonauts and Spider-man Web of Shadows at all. Horrible slow down on both games and Psychonauts became unplayable due to it crashing every 10 minutes. When I did the install of 310.70 I did it with a clean install and removed all the older drivers first, so something is definately borked with the new drivers.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brutushayesosu

It was a bad ram stick all along. Shame on me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.