Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Nvidia unveils the GTX 1060: Faster than a GTX 980 for $250

• 54 results
    isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#51  Edited By isomeri

I just got my 1060 (the EVGA SC model) a couple of days ago and it's been pretty fantastic thus far. I've been able to max out all my games at 1080p and get over 60fps frame-rates, except for Quantum Break.

stevewestmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@horseman6 said:

@stevewestmark said:

@oursin_360: I read a few articles over the last few months that the Radeon wing of AMD is trying to spin off as ATI, free of AMD. The current head of Radeon Raja Koduri got control of the graphics division by threatening to leave for Intel. Rumors are that he might be holding back tech from AMD and is trying to get ATI free from their grasp and possibly go to Intel.

This sounds like something some weird ATI fanboy would say on a reddit thread. The idea that they are holding back technology is absolutely crazy; like, not even in the realm of possibility crazy.

I know this is an old thread but Raja Kaduri has left Radeon Technology Group and is rumored to go to Intel. Considering how late Vega was and a big flop it has been this doesn't surprise me. this was the article i read that i was referencing, not reddit. https://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

the 1060 doesnt even beat a 970 +_+

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gamb1t: What? The 1060 6gb is within 5% above/below the gtx 980's depending on what card you get for the clock speeds, etc. Where do you find this info that the 1060 cant beat a 970? Even the 3gb 1060 beats the 970's because of the value to performance, and even than, the performance is still better than what a 970 can bring out.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By deanoxd

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.