Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Help.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help in upgrading my pc.

I want the most officiant, and cheapest way to achieve this.

• A video card that can play games to a usable point. And by usable I mean not pulling my hair out. 
    • A good gaming keyboard and mouse.
    • Anything else you guys think I may need to play games.

I have vista premium, 2 gigs ram, and 250 gig of hard drive space. I want to play games like Wow, and maybe some FPS.

Thanks
    efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By efrucht
    Video Card
    Try this site. Pretty much any of these will be good for playing WoW, just read the descriptions, and see which one speaks to your fancy.

Keyboard/Mouse
    This is very subjective. I suggest going to a computer/electronics store, and testing out the keyboards to see which one is most comfortable.

What is your processor's specs? That is really important.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Player1

amd athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

And thanks for the help.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By efrucht

I don't know much about how the amd's stack up, so I can't help you there.
    Regardless, with a good video card, 2 GB of ram, and a dual core you should be able to play most games on decent settings. You can also plug in your 360 controller for most games as well if you don't like keyboard/mouse. I bought one just for that purpose! Good luck!

commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By commodore64

Your Processor is pretty good, one word of advice though. Get your Graphics card from Tigerdirect or newegg or NCIX. I impulsively got mine from the source and only realized when I got home that I had just payed 159.99 for a 59.99 card.
    You should not need much for wow anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.