Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PES2010 worth getting for PC?

ThinkingMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThinkingMonkey

My PS3 broke a month ago and it doesn't look like it's getting fixed anytime soon, I don't mind overall, I play the PC primarily but I had fifa10 on there and when I see a game on the tv I then want to play it or just kill time with a quick match. FIFA10 is balls on PC so I'm not even considering it but I've heard that PES2010 is the one to get for the PC but still has its problems like robotic movements and  iffy online. etc
    It's about £15 in the shops so just wondering if it's worth it, don't want to buy it if it's garbage. There are mods for the licenses so not too bothered about those.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Most of us doesn't play sport games on pc here. However since you made this thread, I actually downloaded two demos to see how it looks like. One of it is fifa 2010, still remember most pc gamers I know don't play sport games and most hardcore gamers doesn't play sport games, only casual gamers does or mostly does.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Nomin

Sports games were big in the 80s and 90s, I still have fond memories of High Heat Baseball from 3DO and MVP series from EA. 2K Sports now hold somewhat of monopoly on PC sports gaming, (with the release of NBA 2K10, MLB 2K11) , but that is not saying much due to lack of support and rampant online problems or lack thereof (in MLB 2K11).

Major publishers treat sports for PC platform like how they phased out their titles on PS2, so don't bother.
    If you are interested, how about trying something totally different, like Football Manager or some stat based sports titles, where PC still excels at.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Ubiquitous

I never really played many sports games. But I do remember playing fifa a loooong ass time ago on PC and it was fun, I feel like I was using a joystick to control it though? maybe? I have no idea. I'm sure that some modern sports games are controller enabled. Just google  

"game name" PC contrroller support 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.