Post your pc ingame screenshots

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Edited by Gargantuan (1906 posts) -

Edit; the pic is a bit small but you can still see it

My new dwarven rogue gets her girly parts ruined
 My new dwarven rogue gets her girly parts ruined
#302 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

#303 Posted by crusnchill (871 posts) -
@Pie: 
A grand game indeed!!!!!!!
#304 Edited by Mikemcn (8560 posts) -

Not sure when i took this....... or even if i took this
Not sure when i took this....... or even if i took this
#305 Posted by crusnchill (871 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
"Mass Effect used Unreal Engine 3, this is Bioware's own engine. It looks good to me though, if it's really 50+ hours long then coupled with the fact it's meant to be played from a higher angle it makes sense to have the occasional lower quality content. Mass Effect was a linear FPS for its bulk. "

3rd person shooter*
#306 Posted by Mikemcn (8560 posts) -

#307 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

Finally got this game running on steam. Anyways a few new screenshots of lost planet.   

#308 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

Post more screenshots ppl.

#309 Edited by Geno (6767 posts) -
@Mikemcn: Mount and Blade is so fucking good. If they released a more polished, expansive version of it with better graphics I think my life would be complete.  
@Al3xand3r: Aw don't stop posting! Your screenies are some of my favorites.  

And a single pic of Torchlight. This is the cleanest looking game I've played in a long time (the picture is slightly blurry because of compression, in realtime it looks like a full fledged animated movie). I might post more when I have more time.  

Avatar image for randominternetuser
#310 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -

No Caption Provided
I find this screenshot hilarious, I shot the zombie through the head with an AK, and it landed on the picnic table, and it looks like she's sitting with her head propped on her hand, and thinking intensely.
#311 Edited by Mikemcn (8560 posts) -
@Geno:
Check out Mount and Blade: Warband, its the upcoming sequel to M&B with a better engine, multiplayer and a bunch of gameplay enhancements. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/mount-blade-warband/61-25622/ 

Not a huge leap in graphics, but its still only in beta (the screens might be from before that even) and the new features alone will make it worth checking out.
#312 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

There goes one more installation limit with this reinstall. However i'm going to post more mass effect because I can't wait until the next game.

#314 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
@bitcloud: Your the one attacking me for my views that I think resident evil 5 looks better than most console exclusives. Then you posted zoomed out, developer controlled bullshots with no hud telling you how many bullets are left or anything like that. You don't even know what a bullshot is, it's propaganda that helps you lie to yourself because I have a ton of real screenshots of the game and it looks nothing like it. Unlike you, I don't post fake screenshots and lie to myself. That reminds me of a cult who attack those who oppose their views with insults intimadation and damage control. If you want me to stop saying anything negative about the ps3, I can do that because I don't want to deal with your fanboys attacks. I have nothing against you btw, you really like a certain console and that's pefectly understandable, however you attack everyone who disagrees with your views and you damage control almost every thread you can with a thousand replies coercing other ppl's opinions. Don't attack me because I have a higher graphical standard and my platform has the best graphics in motion and for screenshots. I hope I am allowed to have an opinion different than yours 

#316 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

Thanks for the kind words. It's nice your posting real screenshots for a change, not bullshots like before since you can now see a life bar, a hud and how much ammo you have this time. Also you must have the best gpu in the world, exactly what I expect from you.

Also to others, who are buying games on steam since there is another big sale, post screenshots when you finished downloading and playing the game.   

#317 Posted by pause422 (6343 posts) -

@bitcloud- Good work making yourself look like a complete moron, over and over again. Keep at it.

#318 Posted by Seedofpower (4077 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: is that game any good? Lost plant for pc?
#319 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
@Seedofpower: It's okay, it uses the gimmick of using themal energy that you need to recharge yourself and without it you die which is harvested from enemies and stuff. Every time you get hit, you lose thermal energy and there is at least a bit of a story line even though it's okay. The graphics are quite good, there are times when I think characters ingame could use more polygons, however it has good explosion effects, motion blur and stuff like that. You get to use mechs and stuff thoughout the game and there is quite a few boss battles. You also have a grappling hook where you can climb onto higher buildings and stuff. However I think the game could of been better, I wouldn't give it a very high score if i'm reviewing it. If you can find it for cheap, you might enjoy the game, if not I say skip it.
#320 Posted by NTM (11503 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"

I like all the games you're showing. Ha ha. I don't know if I sound ignorant or not, but are those all the PC versions? If so, that's awesome. You should put up Bioshock just... because. If you have it.
#321 Posted by NTM (11503 posts) -

Whoops never mind about the PC thing....
#322 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
@NTM: Sure I have bioshock, I'll post screenshots of that game when I get to it. I'm trying to finish other games first, I need to get through mass effect and resident evil 5 and dragon age orgins though. For dead space, yes those are all from the pc versions of the game. When you upload these screenshots on the forum, it resizes it to that small resolution. I later figured out if I use a html code where I resized these screenshots a bit to fit on the forum, it's way better than those screenshots.  

Here are what my screenshots are suppose to look like on my monitor, however it doesn't really fit on the forum, a portion of the screenshot gets cut off so I have to resize it, losing a bit of detail in the process.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fb4bc479490
#323 Posted by deactivated-59fb4bc479490 (217 posts) -

basically i took these to prove how crap the pc version of consolized rainbow six has become.  here is rainbow six lockdown vs. rainbow six vegas, you decide! 

basically the brownish stuff is rs:vegas, the greyish stuff is rs:lockdown.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#324 Posted by pause422 (6343 posts) -

Its a terrible port, everyone knows that. Of course when they used to be pretty much only PC games they were better PC games than shitty console ports. Regardless, R6V and R6V2 are just ugly games to look at in general, on any platform.

#325 Edited by korwin (3918 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:
Mate you do know that its not an install limit, its an activation limit, in other words the game can only be activated on a maximum of 3 seperate PC's.  You can install and un-install it as many times as you damn well please on the same PC.  Additionally after patch 1.02 they included the de-authorizing tool as part of the un-install process.  So if you un-install the game before moving to a new PC you regain 1 activation. 

Edit: Typo
#326 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
@pause422: How did you get widescreen resolutions for rainbow six vegas? Did you change it from notepad? Are there any problems with it? It's lousy ubisoft ports before didn't support widescreen until later on. Still I might post screenshots of rainbox six 3 and raven sheild later on when I get to it later on, great games.  I have vegas 2 screenshots a page before this one. Belive it or not, the graphics are way more cleaner and sharper than vegas with better lighting. I'll post the remaining screenshots I have left of that game then for this post then.

@Korwin:

Yeah I downloaded that tool, it told me that I used up three activations. I only installed that game twice, yet I moved the folder to a new hardrive, copy and pasted it because I didn't want to install that on the default C: drive. Unfortunetly I had to format before and I lost one activation limit. Nothing I can do about it, I still have two more. If I de-authorize one of the activations, I suppose the game wouldn't be playable is that right? I'm glad mass effect 2 is only using a secure rom disc check which would be easiler to deal with.  

#327 Posted by korwin (3918 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:
You can only de-authorise the current install.  The cut and paste thing should have effected the limit though, its still the same machine :S
#328 Posted by SammydesinasNL (849 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:
I saw that you most recent Dead Space pics are a bit blurry, I'm having this problem aswell. Any idea's/solutions?
#329 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
  @SammydesinasNL: Well it looks clear to my monitor, my resolution is 1680X1050 and that's the native resolution for a 22" lcd monitor. I can see every pixel on screen. What is your resolution and the size of your monitor? Maybe a lesser resolution might not be able to see the screenshot and it looks bigger than necessary because the pixels doesn't match. I wouldn't know unless I know what type of monitor and what size it is. Maybe your monitor is way bigger than mine and I don't have enough pixels for my monitor to match your 1080p monitor, i'm trying to figure this out. I just ususally resize the screenshot to so most ppl dispite what resolution they have, they can see it and it fits on the forum for the medium size pictures.  

Remember you can watch a blue ray movie for example on a sdtv, the resolutions might not match and you might not be able to see the pixels, metaphorically speaking. Or even a 1080p hdtv watching only 720p. I'm saying I can see it clear because it does match my monitor's native resolution and there is no scaling. I'm talking resolutions here and scaling and native resolutions.

Then again dead space has slightly lousy textures on the pc because they probally use the same textures for the console version, (it's really more about the lighting and contrast more than anything) They didn't really take into account how the resolution might be higher than necessary and it doesn't quite fit for the polygons and just ported it anyways. Remember I have no idea how it looks like on your monitor except it looks clear to me.  

Here is another test screenshot, if it's blurry for you, which the game has good textures, it's not blurry for me at all for my monitor at all. It's gears of war maxxed out on the highest setting with anti aliasing.                                   

Click here to see the image directly in it's full resolution.  

#330 Posted by SammydesinasNL (849 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:
I'm also running at 1680X1050 on an 21' lcd monitor.  In game it looks great, yet the screenshots look a bit off (especially the life bar). Maybe FRAPS doesn't have 1:1 quality, but it's a bit odd. 

Besides that. I think Dead Space is very well optimised for pc.  I'm getting a constant 60 FPS which I find quite good for the graphics it produces. 

#331 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
@SammydesinasNL: Is the gears of war screenshot a bit clearer for you I just posted? it might be just the textures which makes the game overall look dull with good lighting effects. I'm getting 80 frames per second to a 100 for dead space. 

I was looking at the resolution of the tinypic.com picture and it was X1000 resolution if you right click and look at the resolution in properties, it didn't display in fullsize probally explaining why it's slightly blurry. Here is a full resolution picture, maybe it would be clearer for your monitor. My other threory is maybe the game doesn't use anti aliasing, maybe I could use the nvidia control panels to get more AA on the game and try it again.

Try this screenshot, it's exactly the same pixels as 1860X1050 at imageshack. Maybe I should stop using tinypic since it loses a bit of the resolution, however I am not good with html code and using tinypic, they give you a html option. 

gears of war
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8651/wargameg4wlive200906060.jpg      

more dead space sample screenshots with imageshack instead 
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5825/deadspace20091207082139.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2176/deadspace20091207082737.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/834/deadspace20091207083945.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2215/deadspace20091207084317.jpg

@Daryl: giantbomb will cut off a bit of the screenshot like that, or it wouldn't fit on the forum. Also i'm looking forward to new screenshots from new ppl. 

Let me try this again, i'll figure out how to use the html code properly without tinypic. Okay for this screenshot, it's using imageshack instead. However the game doesn't use anti aliasing.

#332 Posted by Daryl (1776 posts) -

Are the insanely large screenshots formatted by GiantBomb to be like, half of it or is it just me? 

I'll grab some screen shots from my new Steam collection. By the way, if people could put the title of the game in their post that'd be helpful as I don't know half of them. 

#333 Edited by SammydesinasNL (849 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:
Thanks for all the help, but after quickly launching Dead Space again I figured it's just me already having lousy eyesight.  Somehow I think I got the idea that every game is a millionXmillion pixels. 

I'll post up some more screenshots later on, but first I'm going to try to get my Steam account back as it was disabled without reason a few months ago. 

EDIT: It might be the lack of AA in Dead Space that makes it look a bit blurry.
#334 Edited by Vitor (3088 posts) -

*Sigh* Ever since my parents gave me the thumbs up for a new laptop for my 21st I've been trawling teh interwebz and admiring threads like these (and the occasional youtube video). I really, really hope I can get these games to run well  as is shown here (almost every shot posted is from a game I intend to get) as I've been away from PC gaming for far too long.

Laptop specs in case you're curious: ASUS G51J-A - Intel Core i7 CPU 1.6GHz, GTX 260M chip, 15.6" 1920x1080 res screen, two Seagate 320GB 7200RPM hard disks and 4GB DDR3 memory. 

*Goes back to daydreaming about pretty games*

#335 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

@SammydesinasNL: Maybe, however I posted new screenshots right now with the background pictures, if these pictures are sharp, click on them, then it's not my monitor that is the problem, rather the art design and textures. Before the resolution from tinypic.com said it was X1000, now it's X1050. I also posted a resident evil 5 screenshot to compare, might be a problem with dead space only.

@Vitor:

Yes it should look like that exactly when your playing the game, however a laptop monitor isn't that big and it might not look big as my screenshots here. That's the size and detail I see these games at btw. However that is a good laptop your getting.

Okay i'm going to try one last experiement then. I'm going to post these screenshots at full size from my monitor I just took right now. I will max out all aniostropic filtering and anti aliasing with nivida control panels. Sure a portion of the screenshot will be cut off, however you are going to see a background texture well you might have to click on it. If that is clear, then the game is clear, it's just the problem with the overall graphic art design then, not my screenshots. I will be posting these from imageshack, I won't be using tinypic anymore because the quality and how it lowers the resolution a bit is questionable.    

Right click and open these, the first pic has a picture in the background you can't see here. It should be alot clearer now.  

#336 Posted by Seedofpower (4077 posts) -
@xobballox said:
"
No Caption Provided
I find this screenshot hilarious, I shot the zombie through the head with an AK, and it landed on the picnic table, and it looks like she's sitting with her head propped on her hand, and thinking intensely. "
Hahaha, that's pretty funny.
#337 Posted by Vitor (3088 posts) -

@HitmanAgent47:

Oh I realise it's not that big - that's why I've got a cable to connect the laptop to my 24" 1080p monitor which I use to play my PS3 and 360 on :-)

#338 Edited by Geno (6767 posts) -

I don't know why you guys keep saying Dead Space doesn't have AA, it has it in the menu plus it looks alright to me: 

Edit: For those of you concerned about "blur", you may want to turn off "blur" and "depth of field" in the options :P . 
#339 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

@Geno:  Lol, I turned on all the settings and stuff for dead space, maybe I thought when it said AA, there will be numbers and stuff and ignored it. Why are your screenshots at X900 resolution geno? Don't you have a 1080p monitor?   

Anyways more screenshots, medium sized screenshots so I can post more of it here..

#340 Posted by Geno (6767 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: I don't know what you mean by the resolution, they're 6MB 1080p native on my computer but when I upload to tinypic I guess they resize and compress them. Do you have a way around it? 
#341 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

#342 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -
@Geno: Not sure, I usually just leave it on default when I upload screenshots, I don't change the settings. If you right click and check the properties, it's at X900 resolution which some monitors are btw. However now I am going to use imageshack.us like before, I figured out the html code for it that might work for you however, it might cut off a portion of your screenshot on this forum since your resolution is slightly higher than mine. Also tiny pic sort of takes away a bit of the resolution. My screenshots are only 300 kilobytes using fraps jpeg option.
#343 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

#344 Posted by DanielJW (4933 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: Your screen shots make me wish I had the time, money, and smarts to buy, build, and upkeep a decent gaming rig. 
#345 Posted by nick69 (639 posts) -

Each game is on max settings

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#346 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5455 posts) -

Some screens of some stuff....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#347 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

The game is on steam right now on sale, I thought I'll post a few more screenshots medium size.

#348 Posted by natetodamax (19468 posts) -

I wish I had hundreds/thousands/whatevers of dollars to get a computer that could play games with the settings on max. But then again, I'd rather spend that money on games than spend it on something that plays games.

#349 Posted by Seedofpower (4077 posts) -

I wanted to share this with you guys, something a friend showed me and I thought it was funny.

People trying to run L4d1 maps on L4d2.

The attack of the blue and green shirt people!
 The attack of the blue and green shirt people!
#350 Edited by Maru (286 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.