Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Should I get MW3 or BLOPS2?

indigotravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By indigotravel

I played a lot of MW2 and really liked it. Didn't like BLOPS at all. Now me and a couple of friends is thinking about get back into the action, but we have some trouble deciding what to do. So, we have some questions.

First, MW2 had no dedicated servers as i can remember. You connected as a party, as on the consoles, and one of the players became host. We liked this, cause it was much simpler to get into a game and end up on the same team. Does MW3 or BLOPS2 have any of this or is it all like BLOPS?

Secondly, we are mostly interested in Spec-ops-like game modes and Search & Destroy. I know that MW3 has more Spec-ops but does BLOPS2 have anything like that? And does anyone have any input in the S&D-situation?

Thirdly, what's your opinion which game is best, what should we do?

Thanks in advance! :-D

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

That is a really tough question because I can't tell the difference between the two

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Baillie

@AhmadMetallic: Helpful reply.

@Indigotravel: I haven't played much of Black Ops 2, but from gather, it feels more like a MW game. There are however NO spec-ops games, only zombies. Both games also have Search & Destroy.

I didn't entirely enjoy my time with MW3, it just didn't keep me entertained anywhere near as long as MW2. I found the spec-ops missions to be lacking too, while they were still fun, I didn't quite enjoy them nearly as much as MW2.

Modern Warfare 3

• 16 Spec-Ops missions on the original game
    • DLC for Spec-Ops
    • Search & Destroy

Black Ops 2

• Zombies
    • Gameplay feels more like MW2 & 3
    • Newest game in series
    • Elite options now free (Clan Ops, etc)
    pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pandorasbox

Get blops 2. I personally think every COD after BLOPS is basically the same game, but the maps in MW3 are bad. Real bad.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Crixaliz

@Indigotravel: I think the party system in both games is very similar. I haven't played in large groups so I am not certain.

The only Spec-ops equivalent in BlackOps 2 is the zombies mode, which isn't as action packed. So on that front I would say MW3. In terms of competitive team games, BlackOps 2 has slightly more options like the new Hardpoint mode. Although if you are only interested in S&D, then either is fine.

What didn't you like in the original BlackOps? Two is very similar to the first, in terms of how the knife and sniper rifles work.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bell_End

@AhmadMetallic said:

That is a really tough question because I can't tell the difference between the two

is that generic CoD reply 1267 or 1268 i forget. well done though for bring it out again for us all to enjoy.

indigotravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By indigotravel

Thanks guys for really useful answers! I seems like the games are pretty similar. I had the feeling from listening to people talking about the games that BLOPS2 might be a little better. But I don't really know now. :-) Single player wise, is any of the stories worth playing?

Xel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xel

I enjoyed BO2 more than MW3, but I only really play the single player campaigns. The campaign in BO2 is pretty good whereas I really hated the MW3 campaign, so for single player BO2 is what you should get.

Multiplayer may be different. There's no spec ops stuff in BO2, just zombies. If you want stuff like search and destroy, go for MW3.

My personal recommendation is BO2 although I haven't tried the multiplayer stuff yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Multiplayer and Singleplayer is better in Black Ops 2 (although I liked MW3s campaign maybe a bit more), and Spec Ops (MW3) is better than Zombies (BO2), such is my opinion, make your choice accordingly.

indigotravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By indigotravel

I ended up with ordering MW3 just now. Spec Ops part of it. Thanks guys!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By handlas

Should of just got Call of Duty 2 dood. Best CoD game ever. Those were the days!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

Black Ops 2. No question. MW3 is incredibly boring.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By fox01313

Been playing Black Ops2 on the PS3 at a friend's house & have been amazed at the amount of control you have on setting up multiplayer matches that weren't in the previous games. Shame that the zombie mode is in this as after playing that mode, don't think I'll ever go back to it as it's just not that much fun, rest of the game seems quite fun though.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By aurahack

I... Dude, ugh. Black Ops II, times infinity. But it seems like you've already made your choice.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Treyarch make the better games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.