Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

So I need a gaming mouse.

• 77 results
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Marz

logitech g5 is probably the best mouse i've ever used, the feel and grip, the customized weight, the accuracy of the laser.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Daryl

Get a basic Microsoft USB one. It's not the mouse, it's the player. 

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By torus
    @demontium said:
    " @torus said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @torus said:
    " @demontium said:
    " http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Gaming+Mouse+G500&x=15&y=26   Again thanks for the informative advice. As the link shows I'm going with the Logitech G500. I just do not know what the difference is from #1 and #3 on that amazon list. Anyone know? "
    Mystifies me why you would pay 15 bucks more (over a Deathadder) for a G500. To each his own I guess. "  
    Button count, slider for the dpi adjustment. The Razer has slightly better specs, but not enough to ignore more buttons that I definitely will use. I play all sorts of games too.  Unless I am missing something, enlighten me. I am not here to play favorites just trying to find the best mouse.  Anyone know the difference between those two Mice on amazon. They are both Logitech G500 but one is more expensive; is it any different? "
    I've been playing shooters competitively for quite a while. The slider is a gimmick, especially since the Deathadder uses software sensitivity adjustment (you hold one of the buttons down and scroll, at it changes your sens to a high degree of granularity). Simply put, the Deathadder is more comfortable in my view, and the button press action is much nicer. I suppose if you really need two extra buttons, then yes, get the G500, but I don't think it's that big a deal. I also love the scroll wheel on my Razer much more than the one on my Logitech.   There is no difference between the two on the Amazon page as far as I can tell, it's just been listed twice. "
    They both click to click scrolling right? "
    Yes, although the razer's wheel is wider and has a texture. And it glows.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By benpack
    No Caption Provided
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By AURON570

Logitech G9x is what I got this christmas, and I love it. I just love feeling it up sometimes, because it's just so comfortable. xD And ofcourse it has all the other stuff you expect of a gaming mouse... gamer profiles, adjustable dpi, weight system and smooth/click scrolling.

No Caption Provided
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#56  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I have a generic Kensington wireless.  It's not specifically a gaming mouse,  but the response time is sharp and their customer support people are amazing.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @demontium said:

" @torus said:

" @demontium said:
    " @torus said:
    " @demontium said:
    " http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Gaming+Mouse+G500&x=15&y=26   Again thanks for the informative advice. As the link shows I'm going with the Logitech G500. I just do not know what the difference is from #1 and #3 on that amazon list. Anyone know? "
    Mystifies me why you would pay 15 bucks more (over a Deathadder) for a G500. To each his own I guess. "  
    Button count, slider for the dpi adjustment. The Razer has slightly better specs, but not enough to ignore more buttons that I definitely will use. I play all sorts of games too.  Unless I am missing something, enlighten me. I am not here to play favorites just trying to find the best mouse.  Anyone know the difference between those two Mice on amazon. They are both Logitech G500 but one is more expensive; is it any different? "
    I've been playing shooters competitively for quite a while. The slider is a gimmick, especially since the Deathadder uses software sensitivity adjustment (you hold one of the buttons down and scroll, at it changes your sens to a high degree of granularity). Simply put, the Deathadder is more comfortable in my view, and the button press action is much nicer. I suppose if you really need two extra buttons, then yes, get the G500, but I don't think it's that big a deal. I also love the scroll wheel on my Razer much more than the one on my Logitech.   There is no difference between the two on the Amazon page as far as I can tell, it's just been listed twice. "
    The MX Revolution has three modes for scrolling - Free wheel, Click to Click and Click to Click with Free wheel when you spin the wheel.  I think that feature is one the best I've ever encountered.  Oh and you have complete customisation controls for that wheel, the other wheel on the left hand side and all of the buttons, including those which are part of both wheels (pressing the wheels into the mouse body.  It's a laser tracking mouse so it works on practically any surface.  Plus, it looks really nice.  The only mouse that I feel is better is the Logitech MX Air, because you can hold it and use it as pointer or like a Wii Remote.
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By torus
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @demontium said:

" @torus said:

" @demontium said:
    " @torus said:
    " @demontium said:
    The MX Revolution has three modes for scrolling - Free wheel, Click to Click and Click to Click with Free wheel when you spin the wheel.  I think that feature is one the best I've ever encountered.  Oh and you have complete customisation controls for that wheel, the other wheel on the left hand side and all of the buttons, including those which are part of both wheels (pressing the wheels into the mouse body.  It's a laser tracking mouse so it works on practically any surface.  Plus, it looks really nice.  The only mouse that I feel is better is the Logitech MX Air, because you can hold it and use it as pointer or like a Wii Remote. "
    I've used the Revolution mouse, and I can't stand that feature (both the free wheel and the side wheel). Although admittedly, it's a good work mouse with a lot of functionality- but there are much better mice for gaming.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox
    Are there any mice with an analog nub (like laptops without a touchpad have) underneath the thumb?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @torus: 
     I guess as with most things it comes down to personal preference but I love the 3 modes of the middle button wheel.

@MrKlorox said:
    " Are there any mice with an analog nub (like laptops without a touchpad have) underneath the thumb? "

IBM desktop are sold with laser mice which have a nub instead of a wheel for the middle button.  It only simulates wheel action though, so forward and back, no left and right.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MrKlorox
    @SeriouslyNow: Very interesting. It is a start. I think an analog nub could be quite handy for gaming. I used it want a trackball on the thumb, but it's hard to keep constant force in one direction over time.

Do you happen to know if such nubs report z pressure (push) as well as x and y axis (direct), even on laptops?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @SeriouslyNow: Very interesting. It is a start. I think an analog nub could be quite handy for gaming. I used it want a trackball on the thumb, but it's hard to keep constant force in one direction over time.  Do you happen to know if such nubs report z pressure (push) as well as x and y axis (direct), even on laptops? "
    I don't know, but I'd doubt that they would.  The nub is mainly for consistency of look and feel with their ThinkPad range of notebooks.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MrKlorox

Maybe it's me but think an analog nub/stick would work much better for movement than WASD ever would. Now I can't picture this on the keyboard between W and S but I can easily picture one beside (or in the middle of) the 4 thumb buttons arranged in a plus pattern underneath the thumb on the mouse.

Make it so, number one!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Yeah like the Wii FPS Nunchuck on Left, Remote on Right combo?

fastidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By fastidious

Logitech G9 is a solid mouse, been using it for a few months now. Used the G7 for three years before that but the batteries weren't lasting very long and they don't sell the replacements anymore.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @fastidious said:

" Logitech G9 is a solid mouse, been using it for a few months now. Used the G7 for three years before that but the batteries weren't lasting very long and they don't sell the replacements anymore. "

I'm pretty sure that all Logitech wireless mice just higher than normal AH (Amp Hour) rechargeable AA and AAA batteries.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MrKlorox
    @dcpc10 said:

" Get This "

You know, it's high times (Hermes quote) that mouse manufacturers allow you to mold your comfortable mouse hand and send it off to get a custom fitted mouse like Etymotic does for their earbud monitors (that virtually every concert musician wears on stage if you'll notice).
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By demontium
    @MrKlorox said:
    " Maybe it's me but think an analog nub/stick would work much better for movement than WASD ever would. Now I can't picture this on the keyboard between W and S but I can easily picture one beside (or in the middle of) the 4 thumb buttons arranged in a plus pattern underneath the thumb on the mouse.  Make it so, number one! "
    You got something good there. 

A gaming keyboard that allowed you to replace the WASD with something LIKE an analog would be for useful. But remember it would have to allow for you to press other keys while moving with this analog.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox
    @demontium: That's why I say put it on the mouse thumb and leave the left hand entirely for game functions. You could press three keys at a time with the left hand if right thumb was movement. This is more than the two adjacent simultaneous buttons one would be able to press with the right thumb, maximum. Hell, even directionally as WASD you would only be pressing two keys at a time with your index, middle, and ring finger on the left hand.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Yukoei

Logitech G9x

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By gike987

Logitech G9x, best gaming mouse I have had.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Patters666 said:
    " Look into Razer, fantastic make of PC gaming peripherals. I have been using a deathadder since 2007. Logitech also make some fantastic gaming mice "
    Nope don't . Razor are flashy trash . Logitech have made much better products like the G9 mouse and G39 headset .
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Barrock

My mouse has a rocking 400 dpi.

I should probably fix that.

JoeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By JoeH

Logitech Mx518 is one I've been using for a year now, brilliant mouse.

mementomori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mementomori

Get a Razer Diamondback or Deathadder (they use the same great sensor) and a steelseries QCK mousepad.

cess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By cess

I got a G9x for 40 bucks.  Best damn mouse ever.  I was turned off by all the seemingly unnecessary features like adjustable grips (seriously wtf?) but it's a really comfortable and useful mouse.  I've used many, many of the top rated mice right now and G9x is my personal favorite.

You can't go wrong with a G500 or a DeathAdder either.  Just stay away from the expensive Razer mice like Lachesis or the MS Sidewinder.  Both of those are over priced and uncomfortable as all hell.  Especially the Sidewinder, that thing is a POS.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By CandleJakk

Any peripherals I require, Logitech are my first port of call.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.