Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

The Stanley Parable game issue

markvtos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By markvtos

I'm having a very strange issue with The Stanley Parable. The game gets stuck at where the main menu normally would be, but with no text, no options, no nothing. Any attempt to press enter or any other key to do anything is unresponsive.

Here's an image of what i'm stuck at and how it looks, not that it really matters

No Caption Provided

I tried verifying the game cache, forcing the game to my monitors resolution, uninstalling and then re-installing, and none of it worked.

I'm all out of ideas here. I'd be forever greatfull if someone could help me with this.

Finally, my apologies if this is posted on the wrong board.

EDIT: Got it working. I had the demo still installed, so i uninstalled it and rebooted the computer, then reinstalled the base game AGAIN. Not even sure which one of those got it working, but it is, so whatever.

fighterkid464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fighterkid464

i have the same problem too (not jmic75 problem...) how to fix the menu?

i tried to reinstall a few times and... nothing.... WHAT SOULD I DOOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!?!? FUUUUUUhelp me plz XD

DANIELis74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys. On the disk of this game there are "Crack" folder. Copy all files exactly to your game folder with the replacement of files.

I hope you understand.

fighterkid464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fighterkid464

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.