Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What good games are coming out this year?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Starcraft.

Maybe.

We can only hope.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

A list of games that are known to be coming out this year. Some PC games have yet to have dates set, so the list may get bigger as the year goes on.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By breton
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maru

Blade and Soul (MMO)
    Starwars: Old Republic (MMO)
    Black Mesa Source (FPS)
    Cryostasis (FPS) This game looks interesting.

That's all non RTS games I can think of  for now.. I'm sure there are bunch of adventure games coming up.

breton : that's a nice list !

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum

Diablo III, the only game I need. The only game you should need, too. Oh, and the Sims 3.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

They're aren't many full retail releases this year exclusive to PC, but I'm getting plenty of games on PC so it works for me. Fear 2, Dawn of War 2, Company of Heroes expansion, Starcraft 2(possibly) Diablo 3(doubtful, but hey its kinda possible), Aliens game from GearBox, Borderlands, Black Mesa mod,(plus plenty other mods, the black mesa one I can tell is better than plenty of 60$ games,) Kotor MMO(possibly I guess), DemiGod could turn out alright(Supreme Commander was good, but complex.)

There's definitel more, plus plenty that haven't been announced yet, only the beginning of the year.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karmum

I'm sure there is a chance of Episode 3 of HL2 to come out this year. I wouldn't be surprised.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422
    Karmum said:
    "I'm sure there is a chance of Episode 3 of HL2 to come out this year. I wouldn't be surprised."
    Nah there isn't. Valve stated at the end of 08 themselves, that Episode 3 100% wouldn't  be out till sometime in 2010. And trust me, if Valve says something like that, they wouldn't surprise anyone and release it sooner, this is valve we're talking about.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karmum
    pause422 said:
    "Karmum said:
    "I'm sure there is a chance of Episode 3 of HL2 to come out this year. I wouldn't be surprised."
    Nah there isn't. Valve stated at the end of 08 themselves, that Episode 3 100% wouldn't  be out till sometime in 2010. And trust me, if Valve says something like that, they wouldn't surprise anyone and release it sooner, this is valve we're talking about."
    Perhaps Valve wants us to forget about Episode 3, similar to DNF. Then one day release the mother-load of game-related items, and blow us away.

I can dream, right?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

heh, ya you can. Trust me I wish that would be true as well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Left 4 Dead and Wrath of the Lich King is all I'll be playing, so I don't really care unless Diablo III comes out...and that's only if Battlenet doesn't cost that much for it.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karmum
    jakob187 said:
    "Left 4 Dead and Wrath of the Lich King is all I'll be playing, so I don't really care unless Diablo III comes out...and that's only if Battlenet doesn't cost that much for it."
    Battlenet is free.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

So essentially Black mesa and cryostasis for me.... ahh... whatever, black mesa is free.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422
    Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Left 4 Dead and Wrath of the Lich King is all I'll be playing, so I don't really care unless Diablo III comes out...and that's only if Battlenet doesn't cost that much for it."
    Battlenet is free."
    Nah, Blizzard stated(unless they updated this recently, I doubt it) that they were going to have to charge a fee for Battlenet. Which is why I'm kinda not so good with Blizzard atm, I get charging for an mmo, but charging for a service that only two games will be on, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, its just completely stupid. But yeah Jakob i agree, even though I'm antisipating plenty of releases, right now, I just want the next L4D upcoming DLC to come out...its gonna put the other 2 campaign maps on versus, and the rest isn't confirmed yet, but possibly another scenario or 2 or new weapon. They said its gonna be announced very very soon, so I can't wait.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
    Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Battlenet is free."
    ORLY?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187

You know what?  I totally forgot that I made a top list of 2009 games that I was looking forward to.  Therefore, mine are located on said list.

SPLATTERHOUSE, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karmum
    jakob187 said:
    "Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Battlenet is free."
    ORLY?"
    Yes really, I don't think he mentions anything at all of it being subscription based.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422

o ya, totally forgot Riddick. Definitely getting that on PC. They've stated as far as Battlefront 3 goes though, Doubleshock , that the game that people were shown recently from it, all that tech is completely scrapped now since the studio went under. So if it goes back to Pandemic, or Rebellion(who did the PSP game , this was rumored it would go to them,) they would have to start over again I believe, completely from scratch.

The whole thing about Blizzard charging for battlenet though, the fact that, he said "we kind of have to", is complete bullshit. Blizzard is the last company that needs any extra money. They definitely don't "have to" charge for it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ for the record pause, I was specifically asking about pc only games, I prefer to play games on my 360. 
    Not sure if the comment was to me or in general though...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422

No I was just stating in general, I know for PC exclusives there aren't a ton of exclusives. For non RTS ones probably your best bet is some nice mods. As we said the Black Mesa mod is probably the main thing we can guess.

Also I seriously doubt it, but I wonder if Rage has a chance of coming out this year, the game from ID. Don't know shit about it, so more than anything I'd just like to know more. Also haven't heard much on this, but there was a fantasy based FPS/Action game, "Project Offset" announced a looong time ago. So maybe by some miracle that could come out, it looked pretty promising.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
    Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Karmum said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Battlenet is free."
    ORLY?"
    Yes really, I don't think he mentions anything at all of it being subscription based."
    They didn't specifically say at the Blizzcon 08 panel that they would be going on a subscription basis.  However, here are the two most common things I've heard on the subject:

1.  Basic multiplayer online would be free, but certain features like clan support, voice chat, etc would require some form of premium paid account to access, as well as the possibility of microtransactions

2.  Battle.net would basically end up being like SOE's Station Pass setup.  Pay for Station Pass, and you can play all the games that SOE offers.  Otherwise, you just pick whichever one you want and pay for it.

More than likely, I would think it would end up being a combination of those two options, and that would probably be the best option.  All I know is that WoW Insider (and a couple of my GM buddies in Austin) were talking about how WoW accounts could potentially be converting over to B.net accounts.

It's all still up in the air, but regardless, there will be some form of monetization to B.net regardless.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422

Its so uncalled for and just stupid, and makes me want to really hate Blizzard more and more. D3 and SC2 will be the only 2 games you can play on battlenet(yes they have previous titles, but who cares about that, its always been free for them) so there is no reason what so ever why someone should pay money for it. If voice chat is one of the things for a premium, pfft, this is the fucking PC, I'll be on Ventrilo. Clan support I don't care for, but even that isn't something worth paying for. Any way you look at it, even charging for the least thing on battlenet, is just stupid and money grubby.

At the least, if you can join up with friends in D3 without paying, I'll be happy, but I'm not gonna try to spin a positive thing on this at all. Its stupid.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By mracoon

Well from the top of my head:
    Diablo 3 (there's a good chance it will come out this year)
    Sims 3
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Half Life 2: Episode 3
    Borderlands
    Alpha Protocol

If we include RTS's (which we should because their great):
    Demigod
    Dawn of War 2
    Empire: Total War
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valour
    Starcraft 2

Non-exclusive but better on PC (generally most games):
    Alan Wake
    Brutal Legend
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Mafia 2
    Chronicles of Riddck
    Prototype
    Dark Void
    Bionic Commando
    Bioshock 2
    Duke Nukem Forever (yeah right)
    Left 4 Dead & TF2 (will be receiving loads of updates this year, more so then on 360)

So there are a lot of good PC games coming out this year. Obviously consoles have some great exclusives which I'll probably pick up too but for most muli-platform games I'll stick to PC.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By VACkillers

lol duke nukem.... cant believe ppl still fall for that old joke :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.