Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Windows 10 Dual-Monitor Issue (related to my other thread)

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VACkillers
    Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have my PC connected to just one TV at the moment. Occasionally my games will minimize out, but it's not frequent enough for me to have an idea as to why.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have deffered updates so hopefully i haven't downloaded this yet, haven't had major issues with my 2 monitors so far. Windows forced updates need to go though, i dont know who thought that was a good idea.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sometimes games get freaky when it isn't expecting a dual monitor setup. I had to mess around a bit to get things working, specifically forcing DOOM to choose the correct monitor at the correct resolution with full screen. For some reason it wanted to put me in windowed mode with some crazy resolution on the wrong monitor. One trick I found with those types of games is to start the game with one monitor on, configure everything, exit out of the game, turn the second monitor on and then start the game again.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OurSin_360

@stonyman65 said:

Sometimes games get freaky when it isn't expecting a dual monitor setup. I had to mess around a bit to get things working, specifically forcing DOOM to choose the correct monitor at the correct resolution with full screen. For some reason it wanted to put me in windowed mode with some crazy resolution on the wrong monitor. One trick I found with those types of games is to start the game with one monitor on, configure everything, exit out of the game, turn the second monitor on and then start the game again.

One thing i do is hit "windows key + P" and select the monitor i want (second or primary) only and that usually works, although some scaling issues can happen in some games. Also you won't be able to use the second monitor, which i hardly do when gaming anyway.

ClarkBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ClarkBowen

I believe that if system is infected with virus then also it can create such error.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.