Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Peggle 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 12, 2013

The long-awaited sequel to Peggle from PopCap.

Local Multiplayer

LukeNuk3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is there really no local multiplayer in this game or am I just missing it?

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wait. I haven't played it yet, but how would that even work?

LukeNuk3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LukeNuk3m

The original had a local duel mode that was pretty fun.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By rentfn

I don't think there is. Private sets up an online game. There aren't any leader boards either right now. I LOVE Peggle but I'm worried that store is going to open up and offer local Multiplayer and leader boards for a fee.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

No local MP, no leaderboards, and some pretty noticeable framerate issues to boot.

Why EA based Popcap, why?

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'm really enjoying it so far, but yeah the random framerate issues are bizarre for a game that has such a simple art style 2D graphics. I hate that so many games are being released without features. Just hold off until you have leaderboards and other things ready to go, FFS.

LukeNuk3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LukeNuk3m

Popcap's producer has posted to their Facebook page saying a local duel mode is coming in a free update sometime in the future.

Hey, folks! I’m Jared Neuss, Producer for Peggle 2 here at PopCap Games. As you can imagine, the launch of Peggle 2 has been extremely exciting for all of us on the team. We’ve been working hard for quite a while to bring players something completely ridiculous, fun and joyous. To finally see real human beings out in the wild enjoying their experience with this thing that we’ve made is rewarding in a way that’s difficult to express. It’s awesome, to say the least. Thanks so much for all of the kind words and genuine excitement!

So, now that Peggle 2 is out in the world, what are we doing? While I can’t reveal too much, I’m happy to announce that we’re currently focused on bringing you a multiplayer mode that may sound familiar to Peggle veterans: Duels! This new mode will enable players to compete against each other, in the same room or across the Internet, head-to-head on the same board. We loved Duel mode in the original Peggle and can’t wait to bring it into the updated world of Peggle 2!

We’ll be announcing details soon, but rest assured that we’re working to bring you Duels as soon as we possibly can. For free. Because free is rad and you fine folks deserve it.

I’m also happy to announce that Duels are just the beginning. There are lots of surprises in store for Peggle 2 fans and we’ll be bringing you regular updates as we continue to expand and add to the world that we’ve built. In the meantime, we’d also like to get together with you for a community gaming night, where the Peggle dev team faces off against fans in a few friendly-and-not-at-all-incredibly-competitive rounds of Peg Party. More to come on that as we lock down dates and times.

Thanks again for all of your support. We’re glad you love Peggling as much as we do!

Jared

Link

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Local multiplayer is coming later, as free DLC. I don't know why they didn't have it ready at launch, or why they launched without it in - but that's what they said. Also, as soon as they possibly can - who knows when that'll be, hopefully pretty soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.