Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 21, 2008

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an adventure-oriented role-playing game from the creators of Penny Arcade, a gaming-themed online comic strip.

Penny Arcade Adventures Coming to PSN...

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Met2609

From Hotheadgames.com:

Vancouver, British Columbia — July 23, 2008 — Hothead Games today proudly announced that its well received Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One is currently in development for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and will debut on PLAYSTATION®Network late fall 2008.

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an RPG-Adventure game series set in the comic-book-meets-pulp-horror-meets-H.P. Lovecraft deranged 1920s universe of New Arcadia, delivered to gamers via accessible episodic releases. Players join Gabe and Tycho, the crime-solving team of the Startling Developments Detective Agency, to combat savage enemies and solve mysteries hidden deep in the sinister heart of New Arcadia. The game is the result of close collaboration between Hothead Games and Penny Arcade, featuring distinct artwork and characters designed exclusively by Mike “Gabe” Krahulik, story and dialogue by Jerry “Tycho” Holkins, and both brought to life by the Hothead team.

“We keep getting emails asking why our Penny Arcade game is not on PSN,” said Hothead’s CEO, Vlad Ceraldi. “We have always said we wanted to have our games on as many platforms as possible to give choice to gamers. All good things take time and we are very excited to be debuting our first PS3 title and look forward to bringing more games to this platform in the future.”

The PLAYSTATION®3 system version of Episode One will be priced in line with the game on other platforms.

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

I was wondering why it wasn't on PSN, when it was on XBL.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By epic_pets

Thats great news

EmptyQuarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By EmptyQuarter

I was wondering why it wasn't on PSN, when it was on XBL.

I think they said originally that they were releasing the game for all the platforms their engine could run on, i.e PC, 360 and Mac, so I guess they worked some programming magic to get it working on PS3.
    MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MisterMouse

Thats a smart idea i wonder how it will do... i think it all depends on how they advertise it on PSN

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By trulyalive

every time i buy a 360 game, it gets announced as being ported the very same day =/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.