Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Perfect Dark

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 22, 2000

Perfect Dark is a first-person shooter for the Nintendo 64 and the spiritual successor to the 1997 smash hit GoldenEye 007.

Split Screen Combat Simulator

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By threeve

Obviously it's not just applicable to Perfect Dark - the last time I really played split screen was when I got together with some old roommates before one of their weddings and we played some good old fashioned Halo: CE (sometime after Halo 2, before Halo 3).  Part of the joy of it is the nostalgia factor, but really you forget what's been lost since seemingly all co-op is done over the net nowadays.

I had my brother over last weekend and we played Perfect Dark for an hour or so, something we used to do on the N64 back when it first came out.  We were doing some of the challenges in the combat simulator together and I have to say, it was a blast.  It's just so much easier for me to talk to someone sitting next to me than over a damn headset.  That's sometime I've just never gotten used to.  I don't know why - it seems like it would be close to the same, but it's much better for my teamwork ability when they're sitting next to me on the couch. 

Just thought I'd gush again about how much this game was worth the dollars spent.  Still love it,  single player and the shooting range, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.