Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Fighting Stick?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I have several questions pertaining to a fighting stick with this game. 

1. I assume it will be similar in style to BlazBlu. Will the game require a fighting stick like street fighter or will the controller work fine like Mortal Kombat? If I do need one, what would you recommend? 

2. Even though there are a billion fighting sticks in the market right now, would you guys like to see a Persona 4 specific fighting stick?

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Random88

BlazBlue had it's own fightstick available for purchase.  I assume that this will get one aswell.

I play quite a bit of Blazblue and prefer to play it with the controller.  Although I do have a Hori Fightstick that I use from time to time.  I'm not really an expert on fightsticks so I can't recommend any good ones or tell you which one to get.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FateOfNever

It probably won't be much like MK, as none of the Arc System fighting games have been in that style. I imagine it would be more akin to BlazBlue/Guilty Gear, which then using a stick comes down to whether or not you want one and how serious you plan on being with the game. If you plan on getting pretty serious, probably would want a stick. Course, seeing as they did limited edition sticks for BlazBlue, it would be pretty awesome if they did limited edition sticks for this game. P4 art on your fighting stick without the hassle of needing to take it apart and do it yourself.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

1. Have you played fighting games before? Anime fighters are more in line with say a more fluid Street Fighter so it's probably going to be way more technical than Mortal Kombat and definitely be more in line with Street Fighter

I would definitely recommend any Mad Catz TE stick or a Hori Real Arcade Pro from Amazon for 130.

The TE stick is around 150, but you can go to bit.ly/buymadcatz and insert the coupon code CROSSCOUNTER and get 15 dollars off.

However you don't seem like you play fighting games except for Mortal Kombat. To which I say "WAIT" before buying a stick. I prefer stick because I used to play Third Strike on some dingy cabinet at my local pizza place, however if you grew up on a controller the stick will probably feel very foreign and you might give up before you even adapt to it. And really it's all about preference in the long run, you might be better on the pad regardless.

What happens if you just want to play Persona 4 because it's kind of dumb and you liked the game and the endurance run? But you have no intention of really playing it to win. Then you just wasted a good amount of money.

2. I'd love to get a Persona 4 stick. However if I remember correctly Blazblue stick are made by Hori, however they aren't Real Arcade Pro models (IIRC) so they use stock Hori buttons and sticks which aren't as precise or durable as Sanwa or Seimitsu.

Hori makes great sticks, but in my opinion you should get Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons and sticks to make sure they last so I would lean towards the Real Arcade Pro or the Madcatz TE stick if you're going to make an investment on a stick.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By TehFlan

I play BlazBlu on a controller. If you're gonna be super competitive, then you probably want a fight stick, but otherwise you should be fine.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TechHits

Considering Nothing is known right now about the frighting systems, I would wait on buying a stick. 

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Doctorchimp: I have played lots of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter in both arcades and on console controllers (though much more on controllers recently). I've been wanting a fighting stick for sometime now I just haven't had the spare money. I'm super interested in this game and figure by the time its out in the US I will have the money and want to buy one.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I feel as though I'm going to have to build another stick for this game again as the TE Fightstick is really expensive and I don't have an arcade stick for my PS3... Oh well, at least I'll be able to make it Persona 4-themed from the get-go. 

Also, yeah, I'd like a retail Persona 4 arcade stick to be released alongside TUIMA.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iamjohn

@Doctorchimp said:

However if I remember correctly Blazblue stick are made by Hori, however they aren't Real Arcade Pro models (IIRC) so they use stock Hori buttons and sticks which aren't as precise or durable as Sanwa or Seimitsu. Hori makes great sticks, but in my opinion you should get Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons and sticks to make sure they last so I would lean towards the Real Arcade Pro or the Madcatz TE stick if you're going to make an investment on a stick.

Uh... I have a Mad Catz TE BlazBlue stick, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @iAmJohn said:

@Doctorchimp said:

However if I remember correctly Blazblue stick are made by Hori, however they aren't Real Arcade Pro models (IIRC) so they use stock Hori buttons and sticks which aren't as precise or durable as Sanwa or Seimitsu. Hori makes great sticks, but in my opinion you should get Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons and sticks to make sure they last so I would lean towards the Real Arcade Pro or the Madcatz TE stick if you're going to make an investment on a stick.

Uh... I have a Mad Catz TE BlazBlue stick, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I guess Mad Catz did make TE stick for Blazblue. But they're limited edition and I don't think you can get them anymore at a reasonable price.

I only thought they made these

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3c2g.html

But that isn't the Real Arcade Pro model and it doesn't have the Sanwa parts like I was talking about.
    rlhyeung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By rlhyeung

In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter. I would recommend an arcade stick for almost all Japanese fighting games, but that's my preference, so what you're asking for is an already biased opinion.  

It all comes down to, do you have the money or are willing to spend the money, and do you have the time or are willing to spend the time on learning how to use the stick. It definitely takes time to adapt, especially if you're not used to arcade sticks, or more specifically, Japanese arcade sticks.  

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The official Hori stick (apparently with Sanwa parts):

No Caption Provided
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Pepsiman

The description in that image mentions that it's a temporary design, so there's a chance it could still change into the Chie stick of my dreams, but I doubt there'll be any major overhauls at this point if they're willing to commit to an image of some sort. Seems all right, but the TV frame imagery by the joystick and buttons makes that area a little overly busy in my book. Ah well.

Jojo_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jojo_m

I'm also looking to get a stick but I don't know what type. Any one know where they make custom sticks? please link

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mutha3

@Pepsiman: Might be wishful thinking on my part, but the "temporary" listing might be a result of this stick only having the arcade version characters on it. Maybe there will be console-exclusives on the final stick, which Atlus obviously hasn't revealed yet.

Anyway, the design looks kinda dumb. It might have been okay without the haphazardly applied artwork on the right and if Yu had been a little more centered, but as it stand now: eh.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Huh, its certainly yellow alright, but its not yellow, if you know what I mean.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.