Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Game worth buying?

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TohruAdachi

Well I'm looking for another competitive game to have tournaments on in such and I was thinking about buying this game because it got Fighting Game of the Year. I'm start off with saying that I've been playing Playstation All-Stars and that's the only competitive game I've been playing so far and I need to take a break.

Also I played Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden along with Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable so I know what the game is,and I actually like fighter games like Guilty Gear in stuff,but what I really want to know is if the soundtrack is good,gameplay is good,and I'm a really big person when it comes to maps for online,like I get bored of playing the same maps every few seconds.

I plan on playing either Teddie or Yosuke if I do buy it too.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The soundtrack is mostly stuff from Persona 3 and 4. The music is fine but I preferred it in the RPG games. Gameplay is good, simple to get into but I never got into it. Arksys games are not for me. I played it for the story which is alright. Bad compared to Persona 4 proper. Labrys story is great, most of them feel like filler. It is a 2D fighting game so all the areas are functionally the same.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TohruAdachi

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

The soundtrack is mostly stuff from Persona 3 and 4. The music is fine but I preferred it in the RPG games. Gameplay is good, simple to get into but I never got into it. Arksys games are not for me. I played it for the story which is alright. Bad compared to Persona 4 proper. Labrys story is great, most of them feel like filler. It is a 2D fighting game so all the areas are functionally the same.

I watched a couple of the story modes on Youtube,but I'm really just looking for a competitive fighting game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Fucking A rights it is. GOTY 2012.

Also I'm the only one of the Giant Bomb Investigation Team who plays Teddie. Teddie is awesome. And since no one online plays Teddie, they have no idea what to expect and you can basically style on everyone up to about 600 PSR.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's a totally well-made fighting game if you are into the ArcSys style of fighting game. Also, the story mode is kind of fantastic. So yes, worth a purchase.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By jacksukeru

I know I will totally pick it up whenever it finally comes out. If I'm still alive by then.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By YI_Orange

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Spirited Girl is amazing and I will fight you.

I don't know what the online is like right now, especially since I expect the community from GB isn't active at all anymore(though I could be wrong).

I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but I loved this game. I mained Yosuke and he's a ton of fun.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Karmosin

I don't think the soundtrack is as good as blazblues, atleast not the new songs in it. I've yet to play it though, you know, Europe and all, but when we finally get it I'd be up for some gaming. =P

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TohruAdachi

Based on what you guys said I'll buy it! Thanks!

: Teach me how to play him when I get the game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Take to the air, spam jumping A and B, and learn the item rotation from your heavy persona attack. And your anti-air stuff is great.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By handlas

FYI there is a "free trial" for PS Plus members... if you have that. I've been interested in trying to it but wasn't sure about it. Gonna d/l the trial and check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.