Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Giant Bomb New Kids on the Street Persona 4 arena Tournament

Bloo561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bloo561
    Column HeadColumn HeadColumn Head

Hey guys if you guys tried to enter the Giant Bomb Persona 4 Arena Tournament but don't have a ps3 I will try to be your backup tournament so nobody is left out in the action. All the rules will be the same as the original tournament but you guys need a refresher.

Rules:

• The tournament will be played in a double elimination format, so players will need to lose a match twice to be eliminated.
    • Matches will be 3 rounds for 99 seconds each, so winner will be best 2 of 3 rounds.
    • Semi-final (Loser's and Winner's bracket) and final matches will be best 3 out of 5 rounds.
    • A player that loses a round is allowed to switch characters, however a player who wins must choose the same character as his previous round.
    • If a player drops during a round, it is up to the opponent to decide if he agrees to do a rematch or not.

How to sign up: [ different from original by one rule]

Reply in this thread saying you want to enter to give me an idea of how many people will be participating in this tourney. Post:

Username:

PSN ID or Xbox live gamertag:

Region (matchmaking purposes in case of lag or whatever):

Official sign-ups will be done via the Challonge website on the day of the tournament itself. This is to prevent people who say they'll be participating in the tourney but don't show up. You'll need a Challonge account to do this, so sign up for one here.

Reason I'm requiring Challonge accounts is because players will be able to report the results of their matches themselves instead of having to constantly update the brackets myself.

When:

Tournament starts on Friday, August 10th and ends on Sunday, August 12th. Instead of doing it during a single day, I spaced it out to make things less erratic and more accommodating. Specific times have yet to be determined as I'm not sure how long I should put a delay for between tournament rounds.

Official Challonge sign-ups will be open on August 10th until 5:00 PM EDT / 2:00 PM PDT. So players should arrive and sign up on the page before the limit or else they won't be included in the bracket and won't be able to participate in the tournament. Signing up doesn't take long to do at all, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I'll post the sign-up page on August 10th and the bracket will be posted after the sign-up page is closed.

Rules:

• The tournament will be played in a double elimination format, so players will need to lose a match twice to be eliminated.
    • Matches will be 3 rounds for 99 seconds each, so winner will be best 2 of 3 rounds.
    • Semi-final (Loser's and Winner's bracket) and final matches will be best 3 out of 5 rounds.
    • A player that loses a round is allowed to switch characters, however a player who wins must choose the same character as his previous round.
    • If a player drops during a round, it is up to the opponent to decide if he agrees to do a rematch or not.

How to sign up:

Reply in this thread saying you want to enter to give me an idea of how many people will be participating in this tourney. Post:

Username:

/XboxLiveName(I don't have a xbox):@

Region (matchmaking purposes in case of lag or whatever):

sign-ups will be done via the Challonge website on the day of the tournament itself. This is to prevent people who say they'll be participating in the tourney but don't show up. You'll need a Challonge account to do this\.

Reason I'm requiring Challonge accounts is because players will be able to report the results of their matches themselves instead of having to constantly update the brackets myself.

When:

Tournament starts on Friday, August 10th and ends on Sunday, August 12th. Instead of doing it during a single day, I spaced it out to make things less erratic and more accommodating. Specific times have yet to be determined as I'm not sure how long I should put a delay for between tournament rounds.

Official Challonge sign-ups will be open on August 10th until 5:00 PM EDT / 2:00 PM PDT. So players should arrive and sign up on the page before the limit or else they won't be included in the bracket and won't be able to participate in the tournament. Signing up doesn't take long to do at all, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I'll post the sign-up page on August 10th and the bracket will be posted after the sign-up page is closed.

Prizes:

If you guys have a good idea for a prize PM me I will get back to you

And just sign up we will all have 3 days to practice so we will be noobs at the game so there will be a even skill level.

Xbox Entries

UsernameXbox gamertagRegion
    JeanLucgoatman42Eastern part of United States (Vermont)
    SunsetstreekSunsetstreekWestern part of United States (Washington)
    MesoianMesoianRegion: NE, USA
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Yeah! Fuck that other Tournament!

I kid. I'm just getting on the Xbox 360 is all. I should be able to do this. I'll sign up tomorrow because I'm to tired right now.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I support this, especially since it'll give Xbox 360 players a chance to participate in a P4A tournament. Not sure how the turnout will be for the PS3 bracket with the other one, though, but hopefully it'll be okay and you'll take this seriously so it doesn't end up as a total mess.

But you copy and pasted the Challonge links to the tournament I'm organizing. Might want to change that.

aznjon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By aznjon12

OH man a place for us rejects to just huddle together and chill. You can count me up in this. Viva New Tournament!

Username: aznjon12

PSN ID: aznjon09

Region:Eastern part of the United States.(Virginia)

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Ok I'm all set to do this.

Username: JeanLuc

Xbox 360: goatman42

Region: Eastern part of United States (Vermont)

sunsetstreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By sunsetstreek

I'm in, was afraid that since I was going 360 this time i'd miss out on stuff like this.

Username: Sunsetstreek

Gamer tag: Sunsetstreek

Region: Western part of United States (Washington)

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mesoian

Wait, why is participation mutually exclusive between tournaments?

But whatever.

Username: Mesoian

GT: Mesoian

Region: NE, USA

I can record the matches if we're doing this via lobby. Though I suppose that brings up the point that I don't know if there's spectator mode in this game..

Bloo561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bloo561

Mersoina said: Wait, why is participation mutually exclusive between tournaments?

Just changed that thanks for reminding me

Bloo561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bloo561

sorry guys but I going to push this tourney back a few days because flux will have his at the same time and I don't want that on him so what date you guys will be best available for the tourney?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Bloo561: Weekends are good for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.