So discussing with
- Both GB and GameFAQs will form a team. These teams will be formed of exactly 12 people, not more. If one of the websites has less people than 12 signing up, then we'll have to adjust to the lower limit. For example, if GB has 12 people willing to sign up but GameFAQs only has 9, then 3 people will need to be cut from the GB team so that the teams are balanced.
- The order of the participants in a team will be pre-determined before everything starts and matches will work like a standard, single elimination team tournament. For example: GBTM1 (Giant Bomb Team Member 1) vs. GFTM1 (GameFAQs Team Member 1). If GBTM1 wins, then the matchup will be GBTM1 vs. GFTM2 and so on. A team loses when all of their members are eliminated.
- All matches will be best 2 out of 3 rounds for 99 seconds each round. Winner will be best 2 out of 3 matches. This isn't double elimination or anything, so when a member is eliminated, they're gone FOREVER.
- A player that loses a match is allowed to switch characters, however a player who wins must choose the same character as his previous match.
- If a player drops during a round, it is up to the opposing team to decide if they get a rematch or not.
- We'll probably all be paying attention to this stuff, but save replays if, for some weird reason, players decide to have their match in a private lobby.
How to Sign Up
Sign-ups ARE NOT first-come, first served. However, only 12 people will be able to be part of the team in the end. Just post if you're interested in joining and the final members will be decided at a later date.
November 17th. Let's say the tournament will start at 4:00 PM EST / 1:00 PM PST.
Bragging rights for the winning team's website? We don't have any huge monetary prize that can be distributed to each member of a team, a bunch of Steam games to give away or anything, so that'll have to do.
Member who wins the most rounds (GB Team Only) – The monetary equivalent of a digital copy of Persona 4 Golden in PSN gift cards. (Thanks to
Entrants (Not in any Order)
|GB Username (tourney matches won)||GB PSN ID|
|GameFAQs Username||GameFAQs PSN ID|
Um, so that's it, I think. Hopefully people here are interested in this. Even though this is more "serious" than previous tournaments, the point is still to have fun so don't be intimidated to join!
The chat at http://giantbombing.com/chat/ in the channel #GB_P4A is always there for us to practice, have fun playing matches, posting bad fan fiction and everything.