Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

The Aigis stick is complete. Mwahahaha!

gravitypenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By gravitypenguin

As some of you know I've been stockpiling the parts needed to mod my $25 WWE Brawl stick. The last pieces fell into place on Friday and today I spent way too much time getting it all together.

Results (forgive the flash):

What's in it?

• Sanwa JLF stick
    • Sanwa transparent buttons
    • Seimitsu clear bubble top
    • Aigis

Everything went quite well except for me cutting the holes/edges on the art so there's a bit of roughness there. It's still a million times better than random CG wrestling mens though. Well I guess one other thing went wrong. Initially I hooked up the stick cable upside down which had me wondering why only down was working for a good half an hour.

While I'm happy with the results the actual modding process for the SE type madcatz sticks is still a bit much. Now that I've done it I don't think it's worth the money saved over starting with the more mod friendly TE line. On the other hand the smaller form factor is somewhat rare so if that's what you want there are worse places to start.

Well now that I've gone to all the effort I should give playing on stick another go I guess :)

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By envane

nice , planning on modding my hori rap-v3-sa at some point , just not sure on what to use for the deisgn , (mabye next decent sf game will give me an idea if there ever is one again :/)

is there a reason your stick hole (dunno the technical term for it) looks like its a bti bigger and off center than it needs to be ? or is it a loose stick and angled a bit in the photo ?

reason i ask is i have basicly the same buttons and stick as you and im worried about causing it to go loose etc eheh , or is that not even a bad thing (i know the gates are much further than that stick is tilted)

gravitypenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gravitypenguin

@envane said:

nice , planning on modding my hori rap-v3-sa at some point , just not sure on what to use for the deisgn , (mabye next decent sf game will give me an idea if there ever is one again :/)

is there a reason your stick hole (dunno the technical term for it) looks like its a bti bigger and off center than it needs to be ? or is it a loose stick and angled a bit in the photo ?

reason i ask is i have basicly the same buttons and stick as you and im worried about causing it to go loose etc eheh , or is that not even a bad thing (i know the gates are much further than that stick is tilted)

The dustwasher I'm using right now is sized to allow a shaft padding thingy which I have opted not to use (though I have two incase I ever want to). Since the dustwasher's hole is larger than it needs to be it may give the illusion that the stick itself is off center, but it has nothing to do with the restrictor gate which is inside the stick itself.

I remember hearing modding RAPs is a pain in the ass so good luck >_<

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cannonballbam

Nice custom stick mod. I need to do this to my Hori EX 2.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By envane

@gravitypenguin: heh yeah , they at least arent as easy to mod with plexi glass panels and such , but ive found a printing company that will do cheap enough prints on card stock and then laminate it for me while keeping it super thin which is basically the same as the default "skin" , so it should look nice and authentic .. but still its pricy enough that its a back burner project , at least its black and minimal style , i take it you got the wrestling mans stick.

and yeh i looked at the picture a bit more when i realized that was just a normal dustwasher but clear , dont think i have a shaft padding thingy either but yeah my stick doesnt even touch the edges of my shaft hole ... ahh phallic terminology

definately tempted to mod it into a hitbox , but i also use it to play shmups and that wont fly

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. The clear bubbletop and stick is especially striking.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@gravitypenguin: Lookin good! Seems well-done. Though, to be honest, her eye being on the button just creeps me out a bit. But I suppose it's alright since she's an android.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ervonymous

Looking good, didn't know Sanwa made clear buttons as well. It's been at least two years since I screwed around with my TE though.

arkkkkkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arkkkkkkk

Niceeeee.

I personally can't go back to Sanwa anymore after getting spoiled by Seimitsu LS-32 stick with Seimitsu buttons.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Phatmac

Take that thing to EVO!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

Alright, that thing's a lot better than 99.99% of all other Aigis pictures I've seen. Eye placement on the button *is* a tad creepy, but it looks awesome! Nothing better than a DIY project that turns out good!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By ZombiePie

The button over the eye is freaking me out right now. Otherwise great work.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By TheHT

Oh god you're going to rapidly poke her eye. I suppose you'll also rapidly poke her mouth too. Kinky.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By toowalrus

Ha, I like it. On a related note, its funny that this is on the new forums right now- I just now finished The Answer in P3 FES... man, that was a lot of grinding. I'm glad I did it, but wouldn't reccomend it. The credits are rolling now and... I'm kinda sad to close the book on this game... oh well, I guess I can go finish Borderlands or something.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By FLStyle

It's a pity she doesn't shout "my eye!" instead of "my armour!" in P4A, that would be hilarious.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#16  Edited By donutfever

Umm... You guys see it too, right?  

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

@ZombiePie said:

The button over the eye is freaking me out right now. Otherwise great work.

My thoughts exactly.

Xomero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Xomero

Gravitypenguin! You should have made it to where her finger tips are the buttons so that you can plug up the bullet holes! Or in between the buttons for those lonely nice when you want to interlace your fingers with hers by pressing down all the buttons! xD

It looks awesome though!

_Soki_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Soki_

Wow, that's really cool. Good job!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@gravitypenguin: Do you still have the template for the brawl stick?

gravitypenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gravitypenguin

@IrrelevantJohn said:

@gravitypenguin: Do you still have the template for the brawl stick?

You can get the template for the standard (ex. brawl stick) and TE madcatz sticks here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/02/09/diy_stick_art_sfiv_fightstick_faceplate_templates

Or if you mean the ones I made with persona art specifically let me know and I'll try and upload them somewhere.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@gravitypenguin: Thanks man. I just needed the template for my own custom design. Hopefully this goes well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.